8/17 Game Thread Super Nova Giant Killer....

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

Post by iabucco »

5F78696D68754A7E696868750C0 wrote: This would be a huge win today especially since the Cards already won. Keep the wildcard deficit at 1 game.

Buccos win today and they are within 3 of the 1st WC!

Just get the Giants out of that other spot. Don't wanna see either Mad Bum or Cueto in a one and done.

If it was in Pittsburgh, it would be interesting seeing CUETO pitch.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

58796C655D647F6C79680D0 wrote: On an unrelated note, after today's game, I'm pulling for SF to win every game and for the Dodgers to lose every game.

If this season is destined to end up with a 4th straight wild card appearance, I do not want it to be in SF vs. Bumgarner. As of last night, the Dodgers passed SF and moved into 1st place for the first time in a long time. So SF now has a 3-game lead in WC race. We need them to win the West. I'd rather take my chances in LA than deal with Bumgarner again.

SF in a complete free fall right now at 9-20 since the All-Star break. It will be interesting to see if they can pull out of it, or just continue to collapse. Their offensive lineup is pretty ordinary (unless Pence wakes up). It's always about pitching for them and they are not getting consistency from their arms. Cain has been awful. Dodgers have played better as a team since Kershaw's injury. Personally, if we can get to the WC finish line, I think we'll see the Cards there with us.

This!!
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

60475652574A75415657574A330 wrote: This would be a huge win today especially since the Cards already won. Keep the wildcard deficit at 1 game.

Buccos win today and they are within 3 of the 1st WC!

Just get the Giants out of that other spot. Don't wanna see either Mad Bum or Cueto in a one and done.

Hey if we make it, I'll take it. :)
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Cutch baby...another hit...is it just me or does the air suddenly smell fresher? Is the sub shining just a bit brighter?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Where is Rivero vs. all these lefties in bottom 7 ?
rucker59@gmail.com

Nurez fouling off pitches and works a walk. Too many baserunners given up in the back end of this pen. It's gonna bite us.
rucker59@gmail.com

add a single.  No outs.  1st and 2nd.

Not a game to give away.  Come on Tony!
rucker59@gmail.com

Double play!

6-5. Man on 3rd.

Come on Tony!!
rucker59@gmail.com

YES!!
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

great sweep right when we needed it, raise it