8/29 Game Thread - Brault goes to Wrigley

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

OTOH - Marte has the best arm in baseball!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Marte with a Clemente cannon!!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Big at bat for Harrison. Freese tags up and scores.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Ok, Jeff with a chance for one of the biggest wins of his career.

Other than Feliz and Watson giving up a 3 run lead, there have been some amazing proformances tonight.

Lead off single. Come on Jeff!!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

First off; SRod has the bases loaded nobody out and a 3-0 count. Count goes to 3-2 and he swings at ball four. Thanks to JHay we get at least 1 run but blew an opportunity to put the game away. I don't normally blame Hurdle; but Locke had been lucky to get through 3 innings. Hurdle should have brought in Nicasio in the 13 to close it out. Instead Locke does what Locke does. Gives up for straight hits for the loss. This was a devastating loss. Hurdle should have used all his weapons to win this one. I'm pretty upset at the moment and plan to skip watching the next 2 in Wrigley. Join you guys on the next home stand.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I agree Locke shouldn't have pitched the 13th inning. He was already barely getting by the last two innings. Needed to use somebody better to close that game out. This was a tough loss no doubt but if the Pirates can just somehow win at least one of final 2 games of this series you can forget about this loss a lot more and move on from it.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Brutal, brutal loss. But I agree. If the Pirates can get one of the next two they'll be fine. Problem is, I'm not sure they can get one of the next two. Last night was their best chance. The game was RIGHT THERE to win ... up 3 runs in the 8th. You gotta win that one.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

And for the 2nd time in 10 days it happens again ...

Pirates up 6-3 in the 8th, and Cards down 5-3 in the 8th. Pirates blow it and Cards rally.

So a full 2-game swing in the standings. Could have been up by 0.5 games, instead down by 1.5.

Same thing happened the night the Pirates lost the opener of the Marlins series.

Tintin

Post by Tintin »

This would have been a great win, but it wasn't a bad loss.

We're fine here.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

05202323361D20282A3D4F0 wrote: First off; SRod has the bases loaded nobody out and a 3-0 count. Count goes to 3-2 and he swings at ball four. Thanks to JHay we get at least 1 run but blew an opportunity to put the game away. I don't normally blame Hurdle; but Locke had been lucky to get through 3 innings. Hurdle should have brought in Nicasio in the 13 to close it out. Instead Locke does what Locke does. Gives up for straight hits for the loss. This was a devastating loss. Hurdle should have used all his weapons to win this one. I'm pretty upset at the moment and plan to skip watching the next 2 in Wrigley. Join you guys on the next home stand.

Nicasio wasn't available. Bastardo was a question mark. Kuhl would have been after Locke if Locke couldn't go anymore.

I would not blame that game on Locke. He threw like 80 pitches in relief. Hurdle used his big horses and they gave up runs (Feliz, Watson). So, Hurdle went for the win. They just didn't execute.