Quintana

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Quintana

Post by mouse »

I would not trade Marte, but also doubt he would be what the Sox are looking for. They seem to be after prospects and presumably top ones at AAA or maybe AA. I'm guessing a deal would take two top prospects and two lower level but hopeful guys. Pretty steep.
OrlandoMerced

Quintana

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Just saw a report that the Rangers inquired on Quintana as well, and they balked at the asking price. I would say it's safe to assume that the White Sox are asking for more than anyone is willing to give, they certainly don't have to rush to move him.
OrlandoMerced

Quintana

Post by OrlandoMerced »

65677D7B6D080 wrote: I would not trade Marte, but also doubt he would be what the Sox are looking for. They seem to be after prospects and presumably top ones at AAA or maybe AA. I'm guessing a deal would take two top prospects and two lower level but hopeful guys. Pretty steep.

They're also asking for ML roster players. They've been asking for Profar + from the rangers, and wanted Turner from the Nate. I wouldn't be surprised if their ask includes Taillon.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Twitter is heating up with the Pirates being serious.

The White Sox can't expect the same return as Sale. Quintana is very underrated, but he still is not Sale.
IABucFan

Quintana

Post by IABucFan »

Hmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I love the idea of acquiring Quintana. But I really don't like the potential hole that it opens up. I'm realizing that I'd be a terrible GM. I don't want to trade McCutchen, Marte, Polanco, Bell, Glasnow, Meadows, Taillon, or Cole. In other words, pretty much anybody whose anybody that the White Sox would want in return. Trading any one of these guys opens up another hole that will need to be filled. I'll be very interested to see if this goes down and who we move if it does.
IABucFan

Quintana

Post by IABucFan »

272C24282D2C377274033A222B2C2C6D202C430 wrote: Twitter is heating up with the Pirates being serious.

The White Sox can't expect the same return as Sale.  Quintana is very underrated, but he still is not Sale.

Yeah, but four years vs. three. I agree...lesser pitcher, (Sale is a legit #1...I'd say Quintana is a #2) but slightly offset by years of control.
Leyland1948

Quintana

Post by Leyland1948 »

I do not think anyone will be up set because I do not see the Bucs pulling the plug on a trade of this magnitude. Seems the last few years there have been stories out there that the Bucs missed out on this guy and almost got this guy, but can anyone remember the last block buster deal this team made. Maybe Buster just wanted to include Pittsburgh in a rumor.
rucker59@gmail.com

Quintana

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Christopher Russo opened up High Heat (MLB Network) talking about the Pirates and Quintana. Basically said Pirates need to do this, it would rearrange the Pirates 2017 season. Otherwise we're #3 in the NLC.

Also talked about the need to keep Cutch (as did Jon Hayman).
Quail

Quintana

Post by Quail »

I believe there's a chance that a three team deal could land the Pirates Quintana. Trading Cutch to a third team (Mets for one have been rumored) for prospects that the White Sox covet might allow the Pirates to hold onto Glasnow, Meadows and Bell in a potential deal.

RichD

Quintana

Post by RichD »

So the Pirates go for it this year getting Quintana and lose Meadows and Glasnow . I would do it.

We will just restock with the next off season Cutch trade, and the upcoming Cole trade. Giving guys like Baurault , Duncan ,Williams another year in AAA to fill our rotation in 2018.

Meadows/Glasnow and Felipe Rivero should get it done.