H - 27

K - 32

WHIP - 1.06

ERA - 2.61
Bobster21

5/1 game vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

49424A464342591C1A6D544C454242034E422D0 wrote:

I would start Gift right now, but you do realize that Gift is a career .232 hitter in the minors and Gosselin is a career .275 hitter in the majors.  If Gosselin is going to play, he needs to be at 3B. 

I am starting Gift until he stops hitting.  It probably will happen.  I hope it doesn't, but how many .232 minor leaguers finally find out how to hit after nine seasons?  Gift batted .217 last year and was hitting .241 before his call up.

Do you want the bat or the glove in the line up?  They need both.

I agree with you Dog. In all likelihood Ngoepe's bat will disappear. But they only need him a short time while Freese is on the mend. So ride the hot hand. Gosselin has been an ok MLB hitter but he isn't right now when they need it. He's been bad at 2B. I can only assume Hurdle thinks he would be even worse at 3B. Right now there is no one on the bench who can be trusted for late inning defense. In fact, they make the defense worse. Jaso and Gosselin have no practical role on this team. They don't play defense, have no power, and are not good OBP guys. When Freese and Frazier return, I would DFA both Jaso and Gosselin (I'm sure there's no trade market). Keep Ngoepe for late inning defense. He can be the new Abraham Nunez.   

[Edit: I should add in fairness to Jaso that in his career he has been a good OBP guy. But this year, he's doing nothing. And still has no power or glove. And last year with a career high in ABs he was just a .268 hitter. They need players who can come off the bench and do more than just draw a walk.]