June 7th vs Orioles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Now Rivero is up in the pen getting ready to pitch the 10th. Absolutely incredible.
Aaron

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Aaron »

I was told the Pirates bullpen was good.
steve49

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by steve49 »

597479686F7E69292A1B0 wrote: Wow.

Good job, Watson.

The fastball was working. But left a change up down the middle. Tie game. Unreal.

Yeah .. keep him at closer and save Rivero for the 7th or 8th. Not how the game works dog. I would suggest Hurdle does what around 30 out of the other 32 managers do... your best BP man is your closer.
Regardless of whether Rivero should close, he was not used and was available to pitch the 9th. There was no reason not to use him. Hurdle's idiocy is staggering. It has become increasingly apparent that Hurdle is totally incompetent.

I really don't get the debate that is going on in this forum. Your best RP is your closer. There might be an exception here and there but that's no doubt the rule of thumb. Furthermore it's not fair to Rivero as he is ultimately being screwed out of deserved compensation.
JollyRoger

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by JollyRoger »

Stubbornness turned into stupidity!

I almost wanted Jones to hit another one out, to end this torture.

As a Hurdle supporter, I can't support what he is doing.

I get the fact of him trying to show Watson that he still believes in him. But he is now costing the team wins. It's supposed to be about the team not the individual right????
steve49

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by steve49 »

4F68797D78655A6E797878651C0 wrote: Now Rivero is up in the pen getting ready to pitch the 10th. Absolutely incredible.

Yes it's incredibly stupid.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4161726F6E000 wrote: I was told the Pirates bullpen was good.

Goes to show you how bad other bullpens are pitching.

How many innings does Rivero go tonight?
rucker59@gmail.com

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I wonder if Clint is driving this bus. The folks on the FAN this afternoon speculated that the FO is trying to re-establish his value for trade purposes. I think this is certainly plausible. The FO worrying more about returns on trade than winning a game - sorry, would not shock me.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Wouldn't playing a bad player hurt his trade value? That doesnt make sense. Watson should be on the shelf if that was the case.

Hurdle did say that Watson was his Closer tonight. I sure hope that means he left the door open for a change.
rucker59@gmail.com

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

What's another loss. There is zero commitment to winning in this origanization.

Prospective: if we could reverse 3 of the blown saves the Pirates would be at .500 and only 1 1/2 games out of first.

And the killer is, these are 2 and 3 run saves that are being blown. No excuses.
SteadyFreddy

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Instead of coming home 3 games under .500 to play a bad Marlins team for 4 games you're going to come home most likely 7 games under .500 and Clint allowed it to happen.