Afternoon in SF

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Afternoon in SF

Post by steve49 »

I would bet this outfield has by far more misplayed fly balls than the entire division.
rucker59@gmail.com

Afternoon in SF

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Just like Polanco, there will be no accountability.
Bobster21

Afternoon in SF

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice to see Jaso slowly trotting to 1B on his 1-out 9th inning grounder to 2B. That was inspiring.
Ecbucs

Afternoon in SF

Post by Ecbucs »

bad records against Giants and Reds.
steve49

Afternoon in SF

Post by steve49 »

567B76676071662625140 wrote: Nice to see Jaso slowly trotting to 1B on his 1-out 9th inning grounder to 2B. That was inspiring.

About as inspiring as his last 18 games ? He's 1 for 36 , I think that comes out to a batting average of a hair under 28 ?
Bobster21

Afternoon in SF

Post by Bobster21 »

2-11 vs Reds and SF. Two of the worst teams in MLB. Do these Pirates think they can beat these teams without trying? Because they didn't show much effort today.
SteadyFreddy

Afternoon in SF

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This is why I said last week after they swept the Brewers I came on here and told people don't get too excited about that 12-2 stretch the last few weeks. I still needed to see more from this team to believe they are a "true" contender and what does this team do they win the first game in Colorado by a blowout then turn around and lose 4 of the next 5 games. Too inconsistent and just too many of the same damn mistakes being made game in and game out.
SteadyFreddy

Afternoon in SF

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Jaso jog in the 9th was pathetic. Quit starting this guy Clint. 0 for his last 30 now cant play a guy hitting that terribly.
SteadyFreddy

Afternoon in SF

Post by SteadyFreddy »

456774696A6F68674473656569060 wrote: We really need to win this game, but I'm not willing to call it a "MUST" win.

If the Pirates lose today, and then sweep 3 in San Diego, they'll have a 5-4 road trip and return home about 3 games out of 1st ... with a favorable and home-heavy schedule coming up. We would still be in excellent shape.

(Of course, we're probably not going to sweep in San Diego, but that's a conversation for later this week).

Bottom line. We really need to win today. Need to sweep now in San Diego. Going 3-6 or even 4-5 on this trip is not good enough when you're playing two teams with the records both the Giants and Padres have.
CarolinaBucco

Afternoon in SF

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This is why any time I hear anyone talk about an "easy" stretch of the schedule, I cringe. That's not the way the Pirates operate.

Pirates are just as likely to beat the Nats or Yankees as they are the Reds and Giants.

5-1 in Wrigley.

4-2 vs. Yanks, Nats.

But now 2-11 vs. the two bottom-feeders.

Make that a very reasonable 7-6 instead of 2-11, and the Pirates are in 1st place.