extend Cutch at a decent price or trade him undervalued?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Why would cutch sign an extension?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

012A2B362D352C003721212D420 wrote: Why would cutch sign an extension?

He did before. The Pirates just had a good three run. His pregnant wife is from Pittsburgh. He is the face of the team. He is very popular in a small sports town. Get his number retired.
RichD

Post by RichD »

6C676F6366677C393F487169606767266B67080 wrote: That would be the best team ever if they had three to four guys who can win the MVP.

McCutchen is a special talent. Not many teams have one McCutchen, yet four of them.

Cubs - Bryant /Rizzo/Contreas/Heyward

Astros-Altuve/Correa/Sringer

Redsox-Betts/Ramirez/Ortiz(ret)

Orioles-Machado/Davis/Adam jones

all put up Cutch numbers :P
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

414A424E4B4A511412655C444D4A4A0B464A250 wrote: Why would cutch sign an extension?

He did before.

Exactly, and as a result he missed out on about 100-150 million dollars due to the timing.

There is no way he doesn't at least go listen to offers from 31 others teams first right? He gets more than Fowler or Desmond did last season EASY

A first extension buys out arb years and gets big bucks into the pockets of a young player quicker. Totally different situation this time around
notes34

Post by notes34 »

4D767C775B1F0 wrote: That would be the best team ever if they had three to four guys who can win the MVP.

McCutchen is a special talent. Not many teams have one McCutchen, yet four of them.

Cubs - Bryant /Rizzo/Contreas/Heyward

Astros-Altuve/Correa/Sringer

Redsox-Betts/Ramirez/Ortiz(ret)

Orioles-Machado/Davis/Adam jones

all put up Cutch numbers :P
I think you need to check your numbers. Contreras and Heyward? Contreras is a good player but not in the offensive league of Cutch sorry. I'm assuming you mean Hanley Ramirez? Close. Ortiz isn't even playing.

Chris Davis really. He had a couple of big HR years and not much else. Seriously at least look up some numbers before you post things like this.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

I have to admit. I'm laughing at this one. What incentive would Cutch have resigning in Pittsburgh when the cheap owner won't commit to bringing in good pieces to contend? He WON'T sign for any of those numbers. As a matter of fact, NH said he would have to sign to a lower amount then he is worth.

The answer is very very simple to comprehend - you deal him in the offseason for a very good return. Let's him walk after 2018 for nothing in return is criminal. Trading him at the trade deadline lowers his return. This team won't commit to bringing in the necessary pieces to contend in 2018, so what's the point of keeping him? Again, pretty simple answer.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5358505C5958430600774E565F5858195458370 wrote: Why would cutch sign an extension?

He did before. The Pirates just had a good three run. His pregnant wife is from Pittsburgh. He is the face of the team. He is very popular in a small sports town. Get his number retired.

You really need a reality check. He did it before doesn't mean he will do it again. Don't kid yourself Neal.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3121201701010D620 wrote: I have to admit.  I'm laughing at this one.  What incentive would Cutch have resigning in Pittsburgh when the cheap owner won't commit to bringing in good pieces to contend?  He WON'T sign for any of those numbers.  As a matter of fact, NH said he would have to sign to a lower amount then he is worth.

The answer is very very simple to comprehend - you deal him in the offseason for a very good return.  Let's him walk after 2018 for nothing in return is criminal.  Trading him at the trade deadline lowers his return.  This team won't commit to bringing in the necessary pieces to contend in 2018, so what's the point of keeping him?  Again, pretty simple answer.

Not having pieces to contend in 2018 is a reason to not bring Neal back. That would make 2016, 2017 and 2018 lousy seasons and no reason to think that 2019 would be any better.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

012726312737440 wrote: I have to admit.  I'm laughing at this one.  What incentive would Cutch have resigning in Pittsburgh when the cheap owner won't commit to bringing in good pieces to contend?  He WON'T sign for any of those numbers.  As a matter of fact, NH said he would have to sign to a lower amount then he is worth.

The answer is very very simple to comprehend - you deal him in the offseason for a very good return.  Let's him walk after 2018 for nothing in return is criminal.  Trading him at the trade deadline lowers his return.  This team won't commit to bringing in the necessary pieces to contend in 2018, so what's the point of keeping him?  Again, pretty simple answer.

Not having pieces to contend in 2018 is a reason to not bring Neal back.  That would make 2016, 2017 and 2018 lousy seasons and no reason to think that 2019 would be any better.

Not entirely his fault. The idiot that owns this franchise will have a say in what pieces come in. I think everyone knows we won't bring in a good piece if we plan to keep Cutch to help win this. I don't see 2018 being any different than this year. Cutch needs to be dealt. Pretty simple rationale for it.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0E1E1F283E3E325D0 wrote: I have to admit.  I'm laughing at this one.  What incentive would Cutch have resigning in Pittsburgh when the cheap owner won't commit to bringing in good pieces to contend?  He WON'T sign for any of those numbers.  As a matter of fact, NH said he would have to sign to a lower amount then he is worth.

Not having pieces to contend in 2018 is a reason to not bring Neal back.  That would make 2016, 2017 and 2018 lousy seasons and no reason to think that 2019 would be any better.

Not entirely his fault.  The idiot that owns this franchise will have a say in what pieces come in.  I think everyone knows we won't bring in a good piece if we plan to keep Cutch to help win this.  I don't see 2018 being any different than this year.  Cutch needs to be dealt.  Pretty simple rationale for it.

It doesn't have to be entirely his fault. He has said he could win with the constraints he is under. If next year is another building year it is time to give someone else a chance.