Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

It's starting to look like Cole is the lynchpin. If a trade can be worked for him, others will go as well; if not, they'll run pretty much the same group out there again and hope for enough bounce-back from last year to carry them to a wild card game.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Baltimore has some interest in Cole too. Could be a big 3 team blockbuster in the works . Not sure what kind of prospects the o`s have. Maybe the Redsox swoop in on Cole .They have the prospects and i`am sure they are tired of seeing the Yanks make these big moves.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6358525975310 wrote: Baltimore has some interest in Cole too. Could be a big 3 team blockbuster in the works . Not sure what kind of prospects the o`s have. Maybe the Redsox swoop in on Cole .They have the prospects and i`am sure they are tired of seeing the Yanks make these big moves.
Orioles have a AA prospect, Austin Hayes, a 3rd rd pick in 2016. He split this season evenly between A and AA and combined for .329, 32 HRs and 95 RBIs. Orioles are desperate for pitching.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

072A27363120377774450 wrote: Baltimore has some interest in Cole too. Could be a big 3 team blockbuster in the works . Not sure what kind of prospects the o`s have. Maybe the Redsox swoop in on Cole .They have the prospects and i`am sure they are tired of seeing the Yanks make these big moves.
Orioles have a AA prospect, Austin Hayes, a 3rd rd pick in 2016. He split this season evenly between A and AA and combined for .329, 32 HRs and 95 RBIs. Orioles are desperate for pitching.

I like Hayes a lot. I'm intrigued by Mullins. That said, Baltimore doesn't have a good farm system at all. Yes, they are desperate for pitching. I think they need to blow that thing up - trade Machado (who the hell cares if its to the Yanks - Angelos won't be around much longer). If the Yanks offered Frazier, Adams, Sheffield and ???, would they say no?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3121201701010D620 wrote: Baltimore has some interest in Cole too. Could be a big 3 team blockbuster in the works . Not sure what kind of prospects the o`s have. Maybe the Redsox swoop in on Cole .They have the prospects and i`am sure they are tired of seeing the Yanks make these big moves.

I like Hayes a lot.  I'm intrigued by Mullins.  That said, Baltimore doesn't have a good farm system at all.  Yes, they are desperate for pitching.  I think they need to blow that thing up - trade Machado (who the hell cares if its to the Yanks - Angelos won't be around much longer).  If the Yanks offered Frazier, Adams, Sheffield and ???, would they say no?
Yes, the Orioles' farm system is weak so they'd have to give up a top prospect like Hays to make a significant deal. They can't keep Machado beyond 2018 so are looking to deal him. They are silly to avoid trading him to NY because the Orioles don't have the pitching to challenge in 2018 and Machado could sign with NY in 2019 if he so chooses.
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Giants cutting salary by trading Matt Moore to Texas. Making room for Cutch?
RichD

Post by RichD »

What about Cole for Baltimore OF Trey Mancini ? I think I like him better than Frazier .
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0A2D2605480 wrote: Yanks in contention for Machado. Would think that he's going to get more from their farm system than Cole. I would be annoyed if the Pirates made a deal after the O's had first pick from their system.

A trade in the Division would be rare. I can't see the Yankees giving away their farm to a Division foe, even if it is Machado.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: Baltimore has some interest in Cole too. Could be a big 3 team blockbuster in the works . Not sure what kind of prospects the o`s have. Maybe the Redsox swoop in on Cole .They have the prospects and i`am sure they are tired of seeing the Yanks make these big moves.

I like Hayes a lot.  I'm intrigued by Mullins.  That said, Baltimore doesn't have a good farm system at all.  Yes, they are desperate for pitching.  I think they need to blow that thing up - trade Machado (who the hell cares if its to the Yanks - Angelos won't be around much longer).  If the Yanks offered Frazier, Adams, Sheffield and ???, would they say no?
Yes, the Orioles' farm system is weak so they'd have to give up a top prospect like Hays to make a significant deal. They can't keep Machado beyond 2018 so are looking to deal him. They are silly to avoid trading him to NY because the Orioles don't have the pitching to challenge in 2018 and Machado could sign with NY in 2019 if he so chooses.

I really don't get Angelos' line of thinking. If they probably won't be able to keep him, wouldn't it be prudent to get the best possible return regardless who the team is? PA is 88 years old. It's not like he is 50.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's unbelievably short sighted of the Orioles to think that if they don''t trade Machado to the Yankees in 2018 he won't end up with them either as a free agent in 2019 if not sooner. The Orioles could trade him to a non-division team and then that team could trade him to the Yankees. This only makes sense if the Orioles think they can win it all in 2018. But if that's the case, they wouldn't trade him anyway.