Pirates vs Brewers - 8/7 The Sit Down Bell Game 2 Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0423280B460 wrote: How bad is this team?

The put in one of the best closers in the league when they were behind 8-3 because they rarely get save opportunities during this slump.

I could only shake my head when I saw this.

But there is one very funny aspect to this: somebody “in the booth” totally obvious to the situation starts running the whole video and sound for the Nightmare entering the game. Let me tell you: playing The Nightmare video in a near empty stadium, half the remaining fans being for the Brewers, and the Pirates getting sand kicked in their faces 8-2 is the PERFECT symbol for this organization.

It was somewhere between hilarious, pathetically sad and humiliating.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

That’s the problem with this organization guys like Clint and Neal are way way too comfortable and have no pressure on them what so ever because they know they aren’t going anywhere. However, like a few of us including myself were saying on here last night if this team continues to keep losing at this rate the last 48 games and doesn’t show at least some push back and string some wins together and a good stretch of baseball then I think heads need to roll and will roll at some point. This team has to win 14 more games the rest of the season to avoid losing 100 games and I honestly dont know if they can do that. They have to play .500 baseball the rest of the way and go 24-24 just to lose 90 games even which there is no way that will happen. But yea if this team loses anywhere close to 100 games which is absolutely possible they are going to have a very hard time not firing guys like Clint and Neal whether they have 2 years left on their contracts or not.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2F283E36382F68641D3A303C3431733E32305D0 wrote: How bad is this team?

The put in one of the best closers in the league when they were behind 8-3 because they rarely get save opportunities during this slump.

But there is one very funny aspect to this: somebody “in the booth” totally obvious to the situation starts running the whole video and sound for the Nightmare entering the game.  Let me tell you: playing The Nightmare video in a near empty stadium, half the remaining fans being for the Brewers, and the Pirates getting sand kicked in their faces 8-2 is the PERFECT symbol for this organization. 

It was somewhere between hilarious, pathetically sad and humiliating.    I agree VA that is completely embarrassing and that’s what this organization and guys like Hurdle, Huntington, Coonelly and especially Bob Nutting Need right now. They refuse to be accountable for this mess and do anything about it other then lip service so the more humiliation and making these guys look bad I am all for. You can see in his postgame pressers now Clint is starting to get more condescending and annoyed with guys in the media when they are just asking him legitimate questions that should be answered and Clint gets arrogant and doesn’t answer anything. He has no answers and saying shower well and comeback again tomorrow after losing 21 out of the last 25 games isn’t gonna work anymore when you’re getting your asses kicked and embarrassed and humiliated essentially every game the last 3-4 weeks.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5F78696D68754A7E696868750C0 wrote: Zangrilli really laying into Hurdle on his postgame show on the fan getting on him for the way he responded to a question about getting a reaction for how the team is playing from

a media member and Hurdle responded by saying you guys in the media should just keep showing up and see how the team responds and leave it at that. He was really laying into Clint for being condescending and arrogant when he is in no position to be seeing how bad this team has been. I thought Zangrilli was tremendous for getting on Hurdle for his arrogance since nobody else will at times. It was well deserved calling Hurdle out.
I also heard the postgame last night, and Zangrilli even mentioned that there might be some type of problem within the clubhouse. His comments about the team were right on. He did not paint a rosey picture even though The Fan is the Pirates radio network. When he heard the snippy comment that Hurdle gave to Adam Berry who is the Bucs MLB reporter he was really upset how Hurdle responded to the question. I will not be surprised if Hurdle loses his job.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

757978232A232B26213E24130 wrote: Zangrilli really laying into Hurdle on his postgame show on the fan getting on him for the way he responded to a question about getting a reaction for how the team is playing from

a media member and Hurdle responded by saying you guys in the media should just keep showing up and see how the team responds and leave it at that. He was really laying into Clint for being condescending and arrogant when he is in no position to be seeing how bad this team has been. I thought Zangrilli was tremendous for getting on Hurdle for his arrogance since nobody else will at times. It was well deserved calling Hurdle out.
I also heard the postgame last night, and Zangrilli even mentioned that there might be some type of problem within the clubhouse. His comments about the team were right on. He did not paint a rosey picture even though The Fan is the Pirates radio network. When he heard the snippy comment that Hurdle gave to Adam Berry who is the Bucs MLB reporter he was really upset how Hurdle responded to the question. I will not be surprised if Hurdle loses his job.

He even went as far to say Clint should apologize to Berry for making the response he did. We know that will never happen but I agree that he should as well. It’s only gonna get worse for Clint the longer this death spiral goes on so I would expect more arrogant and condescending answers out of Hurdle.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

One --- losing so regularly is depressing for fans and must be more so for many of the players; particularly those who are younger and who have dreamed of playing in the major leagues (Is this the Majors?).

Two --- Nutting/Connelly made a major mistake by rewarding NH and Hurdle with 4 year contracts. The contracts were a mistake at the time and their error becomes more pronounced with each additional loss. It's not like they needed to ink Hurdle to a 4 year deal to keep him away from other suitors.

Three --- Watching the team right now is painful. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is the bottom. While Reynolds' and Newman's arrival and Marte's (current) resurgence give some reason for hope, there is no reason to believe that any of the above will ever hit any better than they are right now. In short, we are experiencing them playing at what may be their best level in their career, but the team has still won only 4 games in a month. There is no starting pitching and only Vasquez and Rodriguez provide any comfort when they enter a game. Then again, it was so sad to hear Block prattle on and on about how Vasquez topped 102 mph last night when Hurdle hasn't used him in over a week.

So ---

The team can't win on the road.

The team can't win a series.

The team can't win at home.

Losing begets more losing and eventually no one cares.

Painful time to be a Pirate fan.

Four -
rucker59@gmail.com

7C50585F5473445242310 wrote: One --- losing so regularly is depressing for fans and must be more so for many of the players; particularly those who are younger and who have dreamed of playing in the major leagues (Is this the Majors?).

Two --- Nutting/Connelly made a major mistake by rewarding NH and Hurdle with 4 year contracts.  The contracts were a mistake at the time and their error becomes more pronounced with each additional loss.  It's not like they needed to ink Hurdle to a 4 year deal to keep him away from other suitors.

Three --- Watching the team right now is painful.  Unfortunately, I don't believe this is the bottom.  While Reynolds' and Newman's arrival and Marte's (current) resurgence give some reason for hope, there is no reason to believe that any of the above will ever hit any better than they are right now.  In short, we are experiencing them playing at what may be their best level in their career, but the team has still won only 4 games in a month.   There is no starting pitching and only Vasquez and Rodriguez provide any comfort when they enter a game.  Then again, it was so sad to hear Block prattle on and on about how Vasquez topped 102 mph last night when Hurdle hasn't used him in over a week.

So ---

The team can't win on the road.

The team can't win a series.

The team can't win at home.

Losing begets more losing and eventually no one cares. 

Painful time to be a Pirate fan.    

Four -    

Four - attendance is in the process of fall as fast as the team. 12K last night to a game that was a sure sellout four years ago.

Five - the fans get the blame.
rucker59@gmail.com

4E69787C79645B6F787979641D0 wrote: How bad is this team?

But there is one very funny aspect to this: somebody “in the booth” totally obvious to the situation starts running the whole video and sound for the Nightmare entering the game.  Let me tell you: playing The Nightmare video in a near empty stadium, half the remaining fans being for the Brewers, and the Pirates getting sand kicked in their faces 8-2 is the PERFECT symbol for this organization. 

It was somewhere between hilarious, pathetically sad and humiliating.    I agree VA that is completely embarrassing and that’s what this organization and guys like Hurdle, Huntington, Coonelly and especially Bob Nutting Need right now. They refuse to be accountable for this mess and do anything about it other then lip service so the more humiliation and making these guys look bad I am all for. You can see in his postgame pressers now Clint is starting to get more condescending and annoyed with guys in the media when they are just asking him legitimate questions that should be answered and Clint gets arrogant and doesn’t answer anything. He has no answers and saying shower well and comeback again tomorrow after losing 21 out of the last 25 games isn’t gonna work anymore when you’re getting your asses kicked and embarrassed and humiliated essentially every game the last 3-4 weeks.

It is EXTREMELY difficult for me to say this, but I’m all aboard the humiliation train. It feels like the only possible hope, and I admit it’s a very very slim hope.

I expect a lot a big part of current salary to be dumped this winter. The team will be made up of has beens, never were’s, and never wills.

Reynolds and Newman, excited rookies this year will next year be counting the days until they can be traded. Those two, Osuma, and Diaz will represent the best of the organization next year.

They will be more then merely bad. The hope is Nutting will be seen as an someone damaging the Integrity of the game for personal gain. He will be seen by the rest of MLB as a mockery to the financial responsibility and competitiveness of the game.

With the CBA on the immediate horizon this time next year it is my one hope that the player’s union Publicly denounce the Pirate Model and the rest of the owners privately turn the screws on Nutting so tight that he agrees it’s time to take his $1 Billion profit and sale the team.

I’m actually serious about this. The CBA May be the one opportunity for the league to get involved.