Managerial Candidates???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

232239283E7E794D0 wrote: Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning and heard them ask The Rock if he would be interested in managing.  His reply was a definite Yes.  He stated that managing was his dream job.

My thoughts on Wehner:

Being a Leyland protege who knows.  Maybe he could do it.  But first and foremost no matter who they hire, NH, FC and the entire scouting and development head honchos need to go.
That's interesting I like the Rock.

If they hire the Rock who do they put in the booth to replace him and Walkie who would be his pitching coach. Actually I am worried they will get some bumbling jock in the booth who would be unable to overcome Block's bumbling play-by-play.
mouse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by mouse »

In that case, don't you think the Rock would call on Block as his third base coach?
mouse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by mouse »

I see the Cubs have conducted one manager interview and have three scheduled for the coming week. Any thought NH is moving forward on this?
IABucFan

Managerial Candidates???

Post by IABucFan »

Personally, I kind of like Bannister, but I would prefer they go outside the organization. In that regard, I like the idea of Jay Bell.
skinnyhorse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by skinnyhorse »

This organization is in shambles from NH and CH incompetence.  I can't believe NH can keep his job after the disaster he has reeked on this organization.  It's a ship without a rudder.  Nutting knows nothing about baseball so I don't know how this gets fixed.  I'd be glad to lend a hand Bob just message me.  :) :)
DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

120A080F0F18090E131204610 wrote: This organization is in shambles from NH and CH incompetence.  I can't believe NH can keep his job after the disaster he has reeked on this organization.  It's a ship without a rudder.  Nutting knows nothing about baseball so I don't know how this gets fixed.  I'd be glad to lend a hand Bob just message me.  :) :)

Skinny, I beg to differ with you here. About the highlighted statement above, Nutting sure does know something about baseball, how to consistently make a profit on his investment in the Bucs! :D
BenM

Managerial Candidates???

Post by BenM »

Jason Kendall really wants this job.

Asked what type of manager, he would be, Kendall said, without hesitation, “A great one.”

“I would be a really good manager, seriously,” he said. “It’s the way you treat people.”
Ecbucs

Managerial Candidates???

Post by Ecbucs »

597E75561B0 wrote: Jason Kendall really wants this job.

Asked what type of manager, he would be, Kendall said, without hesitation, “A great one.”

“I would be a really good manager, seriously,” he said. “It’s the way you treat people.”

or else he is trying a new career in comedy. :)
mouse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by mouse »

Bucs Dugout this morning has an article suggesting Mickey Calloway, formerly of the Mets. https://www.bucsdugout.com/2019/10/8/20 ... y-callaway

DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

25273D3B2D480 wrote: Bucs Dugout this morning has an article suggesting Mickey Calloway, formerly of the Mets. https://www.bucsdugout.com/2019/10/8/20 ... y-callaway

Eh, maybe as the Pitching coach or VP of Pitching Development. Seems he had major input in the 2016 Indians great staff. Not manager.