What Move do the Pirates need to make?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6249484D4D484F72554055484E4F210 wrote: Well I was trying to be realistic, I mean we signed Riddle and those other 2 guys for OF depth last year. They were all weak career MLB hitters.

Fisher was a high pick from Astros Org. who got blocked and shipped off to Jays where he is blocked again.

The guy has been a solid AAA player with regular playing time. If he had started in the Bucs org. he would be on the team now.

Not to worry about your choice. You did what we want and that is to start a topic that needs to be discussed. You are not an MLB scout as some posters here think they are. Don't feel bad because some posters didn't like your suggestion. Just keep coming back with more ideas and some respectable retorts to those who might disagree with you.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

An NBA guy who keeps getting blocked.  Not quite sure what to make of that.  Have to look into it.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Now that Bell has been traded I started to think who the 13 position players would be when the season opens in April. I am going to assume that Frazier will be moved so at this time I am assuming the following 11 players. Stallings, Perez, Moran, Newman, Gonzalez, Hayes, Reynolds,Alford, Polanco , Tucker, and Evans. I am going to assume they either sign or trade for 2 veteran players to fill out the bench. One of which will probably be able to play outfield, and first base.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6A66673C353C34393E213B0C0 wrote: Now that Bell has been traded I started to think who the 13 position players would be when the season opens in April. I am going to assume that Frazier will be moved so at this time I am assuming the following 11 players. Stallings, Perez, Moran, Newman, Gonzalez, Hayes, Reynolds,Alford, Polanco , Tucker, and Evans. I am going to assume they either sign or trade for 2 veteran players to fill out the bench. One of which will probably be able to play outfield, and first base.
It won't surprise me if Tucker is not back. They've never given him much of a chance and putting him in the OF without a single inning at SS last season might mean he is not in their plans.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

I would go sign Adam Duvall that played for Braves last year.

Stop gap for sure but brings power and fans like homeruns.

Fans in the stands and 3 run bombs. We have zero power.

He can play some 1B vs. lefties to sit Moran and then LF .

400 ab`s we might see 25 hr . Pirates have to score somehow.

Chicks dig the longball  ::)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: Now that Bell has been traded I started to think who the 13 position players would be when the season opens in April. I am going to assume that Frazier will be moved so at this time I am assuming the following 11 players. Stallings, Perez, Moran, Newman, Gonzalez, Hayes, Reynolds,Alford, Polanco , Tucker, and Evans. I am going to assume they either sign or trade for 2 veteran players to fill out the bench. One of which will probably be able to play outfield, and first base.

I have my fingers crossed that they don't sign any more Riddles or Dysons.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1B3D3C2B3D2D5E0 wrote: Now that Bell has been traded I started to think who the 13 position players would be when the season opens in April. I am going to assume that Frazier will be moved so at this time I am assuming the following 11 players. Stallings, Perez, Moran, Newman, Gonzalez, Hayes, Reynolds,Alford, Polanco , Tucker, and Evans. I am going to assume they either sign or trade for 2 veteran players to fill out the bench. One of which will probably be able to play outfield, and first base.

I have my fingers crossed that they don't sign any more Riddles or Dysons.

I agree. I hate those kinds of signings. But it looks like they're necessary because there are so few players in the minor leagues who are ready to step in. This franchise, talent-wise, is a train wreck.
shedman

Post by shedman »

2209080D0D080F32150015080E0F610 wrote: I would go sign Adam Duvall that played for Braves last year.

________

Now yer cookin.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

765D5C59595C5B664154415C5A5B350 wrote: I would go sign Adam Duvall that played for Braves last year.

One year deal if he would take it might make GW happy as all get out. If he works out he could be flipped to a contender who will settle for his hitting faults for a young prospect. Despite what you say about chicks digging the longball, I'm not a chick and I would rather give a kid a chance after we kick the can down the road a couple of years. ;D
shedman

Post by shedman »

:)5D7C745D767E190 wrote: I would go sign Adam Duvall that played for Braves last year.

One year deal if he would take it might make GW happy as all get out.  If he works out he could be flipped to a contender who will settle for his hitting faults for a young prospect.  Despite what you say about chicks digging the longball, I'm not a chick and I would rather give a kid a chance after we kick the can down the road a couple of years.   ;D