The Other Games 2022

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

The Other Games 2022

Post by DemDog »

792F392D223828232E390B2C262A222765284B0 wrote: The Angels avoid arbitration with Ohtani next year by agreeing to a one year, $30 million contract.  Since he’s two great players in one, shouldn’t his agent be pushing for him to get $50-60 million?

You really wish you were his agent Doc. I can see your eyes now. Full of $$$ for your %age of the big contract. ;D ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

47666E476C64030 wrote: The Angels avoid arbitration with Ohtani next year by agreeing to a one year, $30 million contract.  Since he’s two great players in one, shouldn’t his agent be pushing for him to get $50-60 million?

You really wish you were his agent Doc.  I can see your eyes now.  Full of $$$ for your %age of the big contract.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, capitalism does have it’s positives.
fjk090852-7

The Other Games 2022

Post by fjk090852-7 »

With the Phils win on Monday the Brewers missed the post season. Initially I want to say I am not a Brewer’s fan. In my opinion they missed the post season whenever they moved Hader to the Padres at the deadline. Shortly after they traded him the Pirates came back late in a couple games to defeat them. This past weekend the Marlins had a couple late game rallies to defeat them. I cannot understand that trade. I believe Hader had one more year of arbitration remaining. Why not trade him this offseason, or pay him through arbitration, and trade him during 2023 season. Imagine how the Pirates fans would have reacted if their lights out closer was traded mid season, whenever they were in first place in the Division ? Their post season hope didn’t occur last night, it happened in late July.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

343839626B626A67607F65520 wrote: With the Phils win on Monday the Brewers missed the post season. Initially I want to say I am not a Brewer’s fan. In my opinion they missed the post season whenever they moved Hader to the Padres at the deadline. Shortly after they traded him the Pirates came back late in a couple games to defeat them. This past weekend the Marlins had a couple late game rallies to defeat them. I cannot understand that trade. I believe Hader had one more year of arbitration remaining. Why not trade  him this offseason, or pay him through arbitration, and trade him during 2023 season. Imagine how the Pirates fans would have reacted if their lights out closer was traded mid season, whenever they were in first place in the Division ? Their post season hope didn’t occur last night, it happened in late July.
Agreed but I also know that doc is delighted that the

Brewers didn't make it
fjk090852-7

The Other Games 2022

Post by fjk090852-7 »

37090C04170F0F042401160552600 wrote: With the Phils win on Monday the Brewers missed the post season. Initially I want to say I am not a Brewer’s fan. In my opinion they missed the post season whenever they moved Hader to the Padres at the deadline. Shortly after they traded him the Pirates came back late in a couple games to defeat them. This past weekend the Marlins had a couple late game rallies to defeat them. I cannot understand that trade. I believe Hader had one more year of arbitration remaining. Why not trade  him this offseason, or pay him through arbitration, and trade him during 2023 season. Imagine how the Pirates fans would have reacted if their lights out closer was traded mid season, whenever they were in first place in the Division ? Their post season hope didn’t occur last night, it happened in late July.

Brewers didn't make it
I too am happy they didn’t make the postseason. I have disliked them since the time of Ryan Braun. I will never understand why they traded Hader. His earned run average was high, but he still had many saves.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

4B7570786B737378587D6A792E1C0 wrote: With the Phils win on Monday the Brewers missed the post season. Initially I want to say I am not a Brewer’s fan. In my opinion they missed the post season whenever they moved Hader to the Padres at the deadline. Shortly after they traded him the Pirates came back late in a couple games to defeat them. This past weekend the Marlins had a couple late game rallies to defeat them. I cannot understand that trade. I believe Hader had one more year of arbitration remaining. Why not trade  him this offseason, or pay him through arbitration, and trade him during 2023 season. Imagine how the Pirates fans would have reacted if their lights out closer was traded mid season, whenever they were in first place in the Division ? Their post season hope didn’t occur last night, it happened in late July.

Brewers didn't make it

This morning, when I checked the scores on mlb.com, I laughed and laughed.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

3B37366D646D65686F706A5D0 wrote: With the Phils win on Monday the Brewers missed the post season. Initially I want to say I am not a Brewer’s fan. In my opinion they missed the post season whenever they moved Hader to the Padres at the deadline. Shortly after they traded him the Pirates came back late in a couple games to defeat them. This past weekend the Marlins had a couple late game rallies to defeat them. I cannot understand that trade. I believe Hader had one more year of arbitration remaining. [highlight]Why not trade  him this offseason, or pay him through arbitration, and trade him during 2023 season.[/highlight] Imagine how the Pirates fans would have reacted if their lights out closer was traded mid season, whenever they were in first place in the Division ? Their post season hope didn’t occur last night, it happened in late July.

It sounds like Mark Attanasio is a magna cum laude graduate of the Bob Nutting School of Baseball Ownership.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Congrats to Aaron Judge on the big 62!!
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Oakland A's Stephen Vogt hits a home run in his final MLB at bat.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Clayton Kershaw passes Cy Young on the all time strike out list, moving into 24th place.

Freddie Freeman and Trea Turner also have banner games for the Dodgers, Freeman going 3-4 to fall just short of the NL batting crown and getting his 100th RBI. Trea also joins the 100 RBI club for the first time in his career.