Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

252E262A2F2E357076013820292E2E6F222E410 wrote:

If they include harrison, I hope they get more than adams, reports say he's only got two pitches.

I'd rather have Montgomery than Adams too. Montgomery or Sheffield would be the pitcher I would want in return for Cole.

Harrison has to have value on his own compared to being a throw in with Cole.

Harrison would be viewed as a salary dump by the Pirates. I hate to tell you this, he is. There is no reason to trade him because of his versatility and his cost isn't that high. But, since they are looking to deal him ... its a dump.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6F7F7E495F5F533C0 wrote:

If they include harrison, I hope they get more than adams, reports say he's only got two pitches.

I'd rather have Montgomery than Adams too. Montgomery or Sheffield would be the pitcher I would want in return for Cole.

Harrison has to have value on his own compared to being a throw in with Cole.

Harrison would be viewed as a salary dump by the Pirates.  I hate to tell you this, he is.  There is no reason to trade him because of his versatility and his cost isn't that high.  But, since they are looking to deal him ... its a dump.

Well, unless you get value.  Certainly not as a throw in though.  For the reasons you stated he has value and could conceivably get return

The Yankees have tried to offer Clint Frazier plus to three different teams, and three different teams have turned down the offer as being not enough. 

But for some reason, not only are the Pirates the ones being unreasonable in turning them down, they must also part with Josh Harrison in order to get this fantastic deal done. 

Okay. Time to talk to other teams instead.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Well you know what really sucks is James Harrison just signed with the Patriots. I hope he was released knowing that the Pats need LB`S , to be a spy for the Steelers.  iF NOT THIS IS TOTALLY F*CKED UP.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

744F454E62260 wrote: Well you know what really sucks is James Harrison just signed with the Patriots. I hope he was released knowing that the Pats need LB`S , to be a spy for the Steelers.  iF NOT THIS IS TOTALLY F*CKED UP.

the Steelers must have considered that he might sign with Pats.

I wonder how much they are paying him.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Pirates Prospects (subscription required) has a nice bit this morning on this possible trade - snippets from MLB announcers discussing Cole and Harrison.

http://www.piratesprospects.com/2017/12 ... twork.html
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4042585E482D0 wrote: Pirates Prospects (subscription required) has a nice bit this morning on this possible trade - snippets from MLB announcers discussing Cole and Harrison.

http://www.piratesprospects.com/2017/12 ... twork.html

You can go on MLB Network's site and see the segments too.