Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

[quote author=4249414D4849521711665F474E4949084549260 link=1513352009/237#237 date=1514148990you still think Archer has better stats? 
Unbelievable. Just remarkable what you’re able to get away with on this board.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

0818192E3838345B0 wrote: Alright here goes.  Not sure why others can't look up stats?

Cole: 59-42 .584 Winning %

ERA: 3.50, ERA+: 112, FIP 3.27, WHIP: 1.217, H9: 8.6, BB9: 2.4, SO/9: 8.7, HR9: 0.8, SO/W: 3.56, Wild Pitch %: .04

Archer: 51-63 .447 Winning %

ERA: 3.63, ERA+: 108, FIP: 3.46, WHIP: 1.214, H9: 8.0, BB9: 2.9, SO/9: 9.7, HR9: 1.0, SO/W: 3.30, Wild Pitch %: .06

Out of the 11 categories listed above, Cole leads Archer in 8 of the 11 categories.  I hope that helps. 

Winning percentage?  Are you kidding me?

Wild pitches? Are you fu@&ing kidding me?!?!

If you can’t see how the difference between those stats is so negligible, I don’t know what to tell you.

For example, the BB/9 is 0.5per 9 innings. Meaning Archer walks one more batter every three starts.

Stats.

Archer has .6 difference in H9 and a .003 difference in WHIP?  But it is ok to claim those?  They aren't negligible?

You wanted the stats, I gave you the stats.  Are you saying stat wise Archer is better? 

Archer pitches in a more offensive league ... he doesn't have an easy out each three innings by facing the pitcher.  Cole's numbers would drastically be worse if he were in the AL, like Archer.  Not rocket science.
Sure, if you’re able to understand stats and put them in proper context. Or not interested in trolling.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Archer has a better stat-sheet. You have to adjust for the DH. it's worth ~b.250 of FIP imo.

I wouldn't bet much on who is better moving forward. Too close to call.

The Rays aren't going to deal him to the Yankees so he can pitch against them 16 times a year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

There are some other factors in thinking Cole is better too. Just using stats, I thought it would be easier to explain since I knew an attack was coming on. I guess I was wrong!

Thousands and thousands of posts and I'm a troll? Nice.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

212A222E2B2A317472053C242D2A2A6B262A450 wrote: There are some other factors in thinking Cole is better too. Just using stats, I thought it would be easier to explain since I knew an attack was coming on. I guess I was wrong!

Thousands and thousands of posts and I'm a troll?  Nice.
:)
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

How about no.

TODAY: Chance Adams and Miguel Andujar could be part of a hypothetical Yankees/Pirates trade for Cole, Kristie Ackert and Bill Madden of the New York Daily News report. If those two prospects and Frazier are all included, that could mean the Pirates will also include Josh Harrison in the deal.

Mlbtraderumors.com
RichD

Post by RichD »

I`m hoping NH has been asking other teams about Cole . Twins are said to have an interest .They have some suspects that could bee interesting

LP Gonslaves AAA

OF Killilloff

3b Blankenhorn

The hitters are a way off but the pitcher could be a mid season call up .We definitely need some lefty arm and bats.

Something i just noticed Josh Bell is already 25 so we will have him for 5 more years until 30 .No need to ever sign him to a big contract or buy out arb years .He will be over the hill like Cutch.

Things are pretty sad when KeBryan Hayes is your 4th best prospect. I like SS Tucker tho just needs to get a full AA season under his belt this year without injury.We need to build the farm again. the Hansens and Willy Garcia`s are long gone.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5A6864647042616865606F68090 wrote: How about no. 

TODAY: Chance Adams and Miguel Andujar could be part of a hypothetical Yankees/Pirates trade for Cole, Kristie Ackert and Bill Madden of the New York Daily News report.  If those two prospects and Frazier are all included, that could mean the Pirates will also include Josh Harrison in the deal.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Tough to give up Harrison in that deal. I figured that was the hold up. I would want Sheffield over Adams. Some teams project Adams a a bullpen pitcher too.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

714A404B67230 wrote: I`m hoping NH has been asking other teams about Cole . Twins are said to have an interest .They have some suspects that could bee interesting

LP Gonslaves AAA

OF Killilloff

3b Blankenhorn

The hitters are a way off but the pitcher could be a mid season call up .We definitely need some lefty arm and bats.

Something i just noticed Josh Bell is already 25 so we will have him for 5 more years until 30 .No need to ever sign him to a big contract or buy out arb years .He will be over the hill like Cutch.

Things are pretty sad when KeBryan Hayes is your 4th best prospect. I like SS Tucker tho just needs to get a full AA season under his belt this year without injury.We need to build the farm again. the Hansens and Willy Garcia`s are long gone.

The problem with this is the 3B prospect just completed A ball. He isn't close to being ready and we need someone. Kang won't be back; Harrison could be gone; SRod isn't a 3B man and Freese is not a starter anymore. That is why the deal with the Yanks with Andujar makes sense.

I'm sure they would have interest in Kirilloff since he is from Pittsburgh.

Gonsalves' ceiling is a 3 starter. I might prefer Fernando Romero who's ceiling is a front line starter.

RichD

Post by RichD »

Yeah i know the twins 3b prosect is a ways off .But we dont have anyone down low playing 3b .That Jenny Craig guy we drafted #1 was moved to 1b. Then we hace Hayes who is nothing but a legacy name at this point. That O`Neil Cruz looks interesting .

We have to do it the hard way and that is to have a bunch of young guys all come together at once..On both sides 3 year pitchers with an added vet .And 3-4 year batters with an added bat. Nearly impossible to do, thats why we gotta load up the minors. These players all need to come up at once together from down low .

Like the Braves Glavine /smotlz /Avery all young but they needed bats. Then they had em Jones / Lopez / Justice all guys in years 3-4 then added the crime dog McGriff. etc .

or the A`S  Hudson/Mulder and the other guy.  all came together at same time . And made a little 2-3 run

That what the Bucs gotta do.