Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

5F545C5055544F0A0C7B425A5354541558543B0 wrote: Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

I knew you and SCBucco would disagree. I don't know how, you also posted stats, but ok??? 

Since some would disagree (you know, the same select few that always disagree and attack me), I pointed out another reason why I thought (that's an opinion) Cole was better than Archer.
Again, please show how that stats prove Cole is better.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4666756869070 wrote: Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

I knew you and SCBucco would disagree. I don't know how, you also posted stats, but ok??? 

Since some would disagree (you know, the same select few that always disagree and attack me), I pointed out another reason why I thought (that's an opinion) Cole was better than Archer.

Is this baiting? Can you please stop? Is that possible by you and your little group of friends?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

5D565E5257564D080E794058515656175A56390 wrote: Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

Is this baiting? Can you please stop? Is that possible by you and your little group of friends?

Asking you to support your claim stats show Cole is better is not baiting.

Should we take your refusal to do so as meaning you can’t?
timozbuck

Post by timozbuck »

I’m curious why you think Cole is better. Please explain.

Personally, I think Archer is the better pitcher.

6040534E4F210 wrote: Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

736E6A687D6572646C070 wrote: I’m curious why you think Cole is better.  Please explain. 

Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

I think it's mostly a toss up--more to the point though is that neither player's team thinks much of the yanks' current offer
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2F32363421392E38305B0 wrote: I’m curious why you think Cole is better.  Please explain. 

I said that at the beginning that Archer was more valuable than Cole, he hasn't had Cole's injury history, the two cheap years (relatively speaking of his contract) plus two cheap option years puts him in demand.

Everything I've read rumor wise is that Archer would bring back a huge haul of Rays dealt him.

Just having to face the offenses he faces in AL east means his stats should not be equal to Cole's. But the only one's Cole is better is ERA, and walks.

Archer has been a horse the last three seasons pitching at least 200 innings. Getting well over a strikeout an inning is pretty impressive too.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

0E28293E28384B0 wrote: I’m curious why you think Cole is better.  Please explain. 

I said that at the beginning that Archer was more valuable than Cole, he hasn't had Cole's injury history, the two cheap years (relatively speaking of his contract) plus two cheap option years puts him in demand.

Everything I've read rumor wise is that Archer would bring back a huge haul of Rays dealt him.

Just having to face the offenses he faces in AL east means his stats should not be equal to Cole's.  But the only one's Cole is better is ERA, and walks. 

Archer has been a horse the last three seasons pitching at least 200 innings.  Getting well over a strikeout an inning is pretty impressive too.

Who is better and who has more value aren’t necessarily the same question.

Seems to me they are nearly identical statistically. Any difference between the two appears to be pretty negligible.

Stats.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Alright here goes. Not sure why others can't look up stats?

Cole: 59-42 .584 Winning %

ERA: 3.50, ERA+: 112, FIP 3.27, WHIP: 1.217, H9: 8.6, BB9: 2.4, SO/9: 8.7, HR9: 0.8, SO/W: 3.56, Wild Pitch %: .04

Archer: 51-63 .447 Winning %

ERA: 3.63, ERA+: 108, FIP: 3.46, WHIP: 1.214, H9: 8.0, BB9: 2.9, SO/9: 9.7, HR9: 1.0, SO/W: 3.30, Wild Pitch %: .06

Out of the 11 categories listed above, Cole leads Archer in 8 of the 11 categories. I hope that helps.

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Alright here goes.  Not sure why others can't look up stats?

Cole: 59-42 .584 Winning %

ERA: 3.50, ERA+: 112, FIP 3.27, WHIP: 1.217, H9: 8.6, BB9: 2.4, SO/9: 8.7, HR9: 0.8, SO/W: 3.56, Wild Pitch %: .04

Archer: 51-63 .447 Winning %

ERA: 3.63, ERA+: 108, FIP: 3.46, WHIP: 1.214, H9: 8.0, BB9: 2.9, SO/9: 9.7, HR9: 1.0, SO/W: 3.30, Wild Pitch %: .06

Out of the 11 categories listed above, Cole leads Archer in 8 of the 11 categories.  I hope that helps. 

Winning percentage?  Are you kidding me?

Wild pitches? Are you fu@&ing kidding me?!?!

If you can’t see how the difference between those stats is so negligible, I don’t know what to tell you.

For example, the BB/9 is 0.5per 9 innings. Meaning Archer walks one more batter every three starts.

Stats.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

454E464A4F4E551016615840494E4E0F424E210 wrote: Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

Is this baiting? Can you please stop? Is that possible by you and your little group of friends? [/quote]

And your constant statements in apology for the BMTIB and all the players is not baiting. Given the stats that are shown for Archer and Cole they seem pretty close. It is the age and contract status that might make a difference to a team depending on how they see Archer or Cole and the bidding team's situation.

And please Dog be aware that there are plenty of guys out there that seem to think you are the big time baiter and troll. This comes in form of PMs that I get.

So if you continue to accuse someone of baiting you please just do not get in an argument with them. State your opinion and them move on. By continuing to argue you only encourage them to argue with you.