Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Post by notes34 »

2A21292520213A7F790E372F262121602D214E0 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Believe want you want as this is becoming a circus. It seems like the Yankees aren't offering anything.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1712220175

Not offering anything, but yet, their offers seem to have a combo of any of the ones mentioned including Frazier, Adams and Andujar.  Yep, nothing at all.  Where do you come up with your comments?

I explained if you read above (ugh).

But since you chimed in, why didn't Detroit or Tampa jump on their offer? Do they have "idiot" GMs too?

Both Fulmer and Archer are more valuable than Cole. More years of control and Archer has low contract

Fulmer, maybe. I don't agree about Archer.

Seems like the Pirates reached out to other teams now. Not sure if that is to put pressure on the Yankees?

And why don't you agree about Archer? He is going to be cheaper than Cole starting this year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3B3A2130266661550 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Believe want you want as this is becoming a circus. It seems like the Yankees aren't offering anything.

Not offering anything, but yet, their offers seem to have a combo of any of the ones mentioned including Frazier, Adams and Andujar.  Yep, nothing at all.  Where do you come up with your comments?

But since you chimed in, why didn't Detroit or Tampa jump on their offer? Do they have "idiot" GMs too?

Both Fulmer and Archer are more valuable than Cole. More years of control and Archer has low contract

Seems like the Pirates reached out to other teams now. Not sure if that is to put pressure on the Yankees?

And why don't you agree about Archer? He is going to be cheaper than Cole starting this year.

Stats.

I think Cole is a better pitcher.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

Well there isn't much of a difference in the stats plus he is going to be cheaper starting this season. I would think he has more value than Cole going forward.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

6A61696560617A3F394E776F666161206D610E0 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Stats.

ERA

Cole 3.50

Archer 3.46

WHIP

Cole 1.22

Archer 1.21

K/9

Cole 8.4

Archer 9.7

Stats.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Well, your ERA is wrong for Archer. I used Baseball Reference.

What about BBs, WPs, HRs?

Not a knock on Archer, I think Cole is better. I also think if I said Archer was better, you would disagree.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

35342F3E28686F5B0 wrote: Well there isn't much of a difference in the stats plus he is going to be cheaper starting this season. I would think he has more value than Cole going forward.

Yes, very similar overall. Archer does have a friendly contract, but it is fixed. Cole is two years younger and doesn't have that fixed contract. I also don't know if these lengthy contracts will be offered much going forward. Two years of Cole and the opportunity to extend him at your (team) cost could be more valuable.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

77766D7C6A2A2D190 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

I would rather have Archer than Cole.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

1636253839570 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Stats.

ERA

Cole 3.50

Archer 3.46

WHIP

Cole 1.22

Archer 1.21

K/9

Cole 8.4

Archer 9.7

Stats.

Archer is better. The stats show it. Dog will disagree. Imagine Archer's numbers if he pitched in the NL and didn't have to face an additional batter each time out. Dog maintains that Cole is better than Gray. He isn't. Put Gray in the NL, his numbers are better than Cole's.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

676C64686D6C773234437A626B6C6C2D606C030 wrote: Well, your ERA is wrong for Archer. I used Baseball Reference.

What about BBs, WPs, HRs?

Not a knock on Archer, I think Cole is better. I also think if I said Archer was better, you would disagree.

Correct, I mistakenly used Archer’s FIP.

BB/9

Cole 2.3

Archer 2.9

HR/9

Cole 0.8

Archer 1.0

Wild pitches? Really?

I never stated who I thought was better, unlike you.

So please explain how the stats show Cole is better, like you claimed.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Yes, the stats show Cole has been better.

I knew you and SCBucco would disagree. I don't know how, you also posted stats, but ok???

Since some would disagree (you know, the same select few that always disagree and attack me), I pointed out another reason why I thought (that's an opinion) Cole was better than Archer.