Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Post by notes34 »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Believe want you want as this is becoming a circus. It seems like the Yankees aren't offering anything.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1712220175
Aren't offering anything?

The offers, then, center around 23-year-old outfielder Clint Frazier and also include some combination of prospects: righty Chance Adams, infielder Tyler Wade, third baseman Miguel Andujar and shortstop Thairo Estrada.

That isn't a bad return for Cole. Frazier, Andujar and Adams should get it done. We aren't getting Torres so move on.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

727368796F2F281C0 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Believe want you want as this is becoming a circus. It seems like the Yankees aren't offering anything.

Aren't offering anything?

The offers, then, center around 23-year-old outfielder Clint Frazier and also include some combination of prospects: righty Chance Adams, infielder Tyler Wade, third baseman Miguel Andujar and shortstop Thairo Estrada.

That isn't a bad return for Cole. Frazier, Andujar and Adams should get it done. We aren't getting Torres so move on.

I read it as an assumption of the combination with Frazier. Makes you wonder why the other teams don't like their offers either?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7E757D7174756E2B2D5A637B7275753479751A0 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Not offering anything, but yet, their offers seem to have a combo of any of the ones mentioned including Frazier, Adams and Andujar. Yep, nothing at all. Where do you come up with your comments?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4D5D5C6B7D7D711E0 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Not offering anything, but yet, their offers seem to have a combo of any of the ones mentioned including Frazier, Adams and Andujar.  Yep, nothing at all.  Where do you come up with your comments?

I explained if you read above (ugh).

But since you chimed in, why didn't Detroit or Tampa jump on their offer? Do they have "idiot" GMs too?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

474C44484D4C571214635A424B4C4C0D404C230 wrote: I wonder if the hold up is Harrison and money?  Meaning, if the Pirates get Torres or Andujar they will need to add Harrison and his salary.

Bryan McWilliam, from theScore, reported the deal was Frazier, Adams and Andujar for Cole and Harrison.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7D767E7277766D282E596078717676377A76190 wrote: I wonder if the hold up is Harrison and money?  Meaning, if the Pirates get Torres or Andujar they will need to add Harrison and his salary.

Bryan McWilliam, from theScore, reported the deal was Frazier, Adams and Andujar for Cole and Harrison.

No thanks
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

32000C0C182A09000D080700610 wrote: I wonder if the hold up is Harrison and money?  Meaning, if the Pirates get Torres or Andujar they will need to add Harrison and his salary.

No thanks

Meaning that is the deal the Yankees wanted? I agree that would be a bad deal for Buc (unless Bucs main goal was to save money).
notes34

Post by notes34 »

454E464A4F4E551016615840494E4E0F424E210 wrote: I wonder if the hold up is Harrison and money?  Meaning, if the Pirates get Torres or Andujar they will need to add Harrison and his salary.

Do you have a link to this? I'm not seeing anything on the Yanks asking for Harrison. There is a story floating around that the Brewers inquired about both Harrison and Cole.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3E353D3134352E6B6D1A233B3235357439355A0 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Not offering anything, but yet, their offers seem to have a combo of any of the ones mentioned including Frazier, Adams and Andujar.  Yep, nothing at all.  Where do you come up with your comments?

But since you chimed in, why didn't Detroit or Tampa jump on their offer? Do they have "idiot" GMs too?

Both Fulmer and Archer are more valuable than Cole. More years of control and Archer has low contract
dogknot17@yahoo.co

527475627464170 wrote: Bill Brink of the Post-Gazette wrote an article that the Yankees offered Detroit (Fuller) and Tampa Bay (Archer) the same offer they offered the Pirates for Cole and it was turned down.

Both Fulmer and Archer are more valuable than Cole. More years of control and Archer has low contract

Fulmer, maybe. I don't agree about Archer.

Seems like the Pirates reached out to other teams now. Not sure if that is to put pressure on the Yankees?