Game Thread - July 31 - Bucs vs Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

And I see Yoshi went to first, at some point, even if the offense is struggling, don't you want guys to get a chance to show they aren't just going to be a platoon option, let them go righty vs. righty? IIRC we had two guys like that, Chavis being one again, and the other Castillo, who they sent down.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Yoshi struck out again. I see he whiffs about a third of the time, which I was surprised to see. I thought it was way worse.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Newman with a two out double. He's been a different guy, starting to look like the version we hoped he be.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: Yoshi struck out again.  I see he whiffs about a third of the time, which I was surprised to see.  I thought it was way worse.
He's working on it. It will get higher
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Mitchell with a double! We're on the board!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Reynolds K's. That .148 BA with RISP just go a little worse. IDK what to think of the guy anymore. Probably this is going to be a season long thing, one of those issues you need an offseason to reset. You can't but help think he goes up there to the plate thinking about it every time.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea it’s insane that Yoshi is still on this roster and it’s August 1st and he has absolutely sucked out loud and yet guys like Suwinski are still in the Minors and they just sent Castillo down yesterday.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

"I'll take Uniform numbers for the Phillies for boring broadcast Alex"
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

As a fan base, I don't think we've turned on Yoshi either. We were excited for the signing, we knew we weren't getting Babe Ruth, but we certainly felt we had a 20-25 HR hitter with some doubles pop.

I think if he could have at least been Vogelbach, how much different the record would look right now. He had a lot of AB's in big spots, usually batting 4th or 5th.

He just failed to produce even nominally. It was odd in ST even when it looked like he was constantly trying to slap the ball to left field, and I kept wondering when he was going to start pulling the ball.

I can't even recall one ball he's hit this season down the right field line
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Gamel lead off single