Deadline watch

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Deadline watch

Post by Surgnbuck »

Quintana just pitched Friday, won't be ready to roll till Thursday. Teams have to trade someone for someone, and there are a lot of someones on other teams to trade their someone's.

If they can get something better, or fill another glaring need with who they feel is expendable, then that's what's going to happen.

If Quintana doesn't go, I'm okay if they sign him or if they don't. Seems to me he's a bit overvalued on this board TBH.
Bobster21

Deadline watch

Post by Bobster21 »

684E495C55594E58503B0 wrote: Quintana just pitched Friday, won't be ready to roll till Thursday. Teams have to trade someone for someone, and there are a lot of someones on other teams to trade their someone's.

If they can get something better, or fill another glaring need with who they feel is expendable, then that's what's going to happen.

If Quintana doesn't go, I'm okay if they sign him or if they don't. Seems to me he's a bit overvalued on this board TBH.
I don't think they will get a someone from another MLB roster. Traded a pending FA with 2 months of the season remaining never yields a good return. A team would be foolish to trade much for a 2-month rental. I don't even think it's worth trading Quintana and Gamel for that reason. They will get more for Newman because he's not a FA until 2025.
WildwoodDave2

Deadline watch

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5B7A725B70781F0 wrote: Personally, if they can't trade Quintana, I would try to resign him for next season, simply to mentor the kids in the rotation.  He can also be a mentor to all the Latin kids on the team.  Teaching them what it means to be a MLB player.
Maybe he can teach Cruz, how not to picked off Second
Bobster21

Deadline watch

Post by Bobster21 »

Bump
Bobster21

Deadline watch

Post by Bobster21 »

Orioles trade Trey Mancini to Houston.

To Houston: Trey Mancini, RHP Jayden Murray (from TB)

To Tampa Bay: OF Jose Siri (from HOU)

To the Orioles: RHP Seth Johnson (from TB), RHP Chayce McDermott (from HOU)
MaineBucs

Deadline watch

Post by MaineBucs »

Less than 21 hours to go. Come on BC, you don't have a lot of talent to trade, but you need to clean the roster and give the team a bit of energy for the last 2 months of the season.

Interesting to see the Brewers move Hader. He clearly has experienced some problems with our lowly Pirates.
MaineBucs

Deadline watch

Post by MaineBucs »

Okay. Quintana now a Cardinal.

Quintana was the easiest among the existing Bucs to trade. Get what you can for Gamel and Stratton, and then release Yoshi at a minimum (praying for VanMeter as well, but I don't have that much pull) and it will be an OK trade deadline in my book.
Bobster21

Deadline watch

Post by Bobster21 »

507C7473785F687E6E1D0 wrote: Okay.  Quintana now a Cardinal.

Quintana was the easiest among the existing Bucs to trade.  Get what you can for Gamel and Stratton, and then release Yoshi at a minimum (praying for VanMeter as well, but I don't have that much pull) and it will be an OK trade deadline in my book.

Stratton was included in the Quintana deal.
mouse

Deadline watch

Post by mouse »

When Ben was saying the roster would look different for tonight's game, was he suggesting a little different or a lot different? If it's to be a lot different, it's starting to look like there will be a bunch of DFAs.
ArnoldRothstein

Deadline watch

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

33312B2D3B5E0 wrote: When Ben was saying the roster would look different for tonight's game, was he suggesting a little different or a lot different? If it's to be a lot different, it's starting to look like there will be a bunch of DFAs.

It seems Holderman is recalled and in the clubhouse. De Jong reactivated, and Oviedo sent to Indy.