Offseason Outlook: Pittsburgh Pirates (MLBTR)

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

3A6C7A6E617B6B606D7A486F65696164266B080 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

Interesting that Gonzales is playing there.  Is that a combination of Peguero's performance and the drafting of Johnson, who looks like he might fit best at 2nd base?  Is Gonzales's arm good enough to play SS?  His total minor league hitting numbers are really promising.  Duplicating them in the big leagues would be fantastic.

PBN says Gonzales seems to have the arm to play SS but

probably has the arm strength for short, but many scouts question whether he has the quickness for the position.

It seems that the Bucs might try to make him a SUG.

SUG?

A versatile super utility guy.  Not what he was counted on to do when he was drafted.

I wonder if anyone growing up ever aspired to be a SUG?

I was close, my goal was SLUG.

HAHAHA!  Have you reached it?

still a ways to go but proud to say I am a sloth.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

752335212E34242F223507202A262E2B6924470 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

Interesting that Gonzales is playing there.  Is that a combination of Peguero's performance and the drafting of Johnson, who looks like he might fit best at 2nd base?  Is Gonzales's arm good enough to play SS?  His total minor league hitting numbers are really promising.  Duplicating them in the big leagues would be fantastic.

probably has the arm strength for short, but many scouts question whether he has the quickness for the position.

SUG?

A versatile super utility guy.  Not what he was counted on to do when he was drafted.

A little birdie from N.J. told me you are still living the dream to be a SUG into your retirement years! :D :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5D7C745D767E190 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

SUG?

A little birdie from N.J. told me you are still living the dream to be a SUG into your retirement years!   :D :D :D :D

And I’m appreciating it more now than I did as a kid. There are few things in life I’ve found to be more exhilarating than hitting a baseball, running the bases, and scoring a run. That feeling hasn’t diminished.
2drfischer@gmail.c

476160776171020 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

SUG?

I was close, my goal was SLUG.

HAHAHA!  Have you reached it?

still a ways to go but proud to say I am a sloth.

Keep up the bad work.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

762036222D37272C2136042329252D286A27440 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

SUG?

A little birdie from N.J. told me you are still living the dream to be a SUG into your retirement years!   :D :D :D :D

And I’m appreciating it more now than I did as a kid.  There are few things in life I’ve found to be more exhilarating than hitting a baseball, running the bases, and scoring a run.  That feeling hasn’t diminished.

I can set you up with a slightly use t-ball tee and a t-ball bat to overcome the hitting aspect! :D :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

45646C456E66010 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

SUG?

And I’m appreciating it more now than I did as a kid.  There are few things in life I’ve found to be more exhilarating than hitting a baseball, running the bases, and scoring a run.  That feeling hasn’t diminished.

I can set you up with a slightly use t-ball tee and a t-ball bat to overcome the hitting aspect!   :D :D :D :D

Hitting has never been a problem for me. It’s those darn fielders who keep getting in the way.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

762036222D37272C2136042329252D286A27440 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

SUG?

I can set you up with a slightly use t-ball tee and a t-ball bat to overcome the hitting aspect!   :D :D :D :D

Hitting has never been a problem for me.  It’s those darn fielders who keep getting in the way.

You've got more BS than a dozen portapotties! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Goodnight!
2drfischer@gmail.c

6B4A426B40482F0 wrote: I agree Cruz will get 2023 to prove it on defense. Nick Gonzales is playing SS in the AFL. Peguero fizzled out when he was sent back down. Just more questions then answers, business as usual.

SUG?

Hitting has never been a problem for me.  It’s those darn fielders who keep getting in the way.

You've got more BS than a dozen portapotties! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Goodnight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAyrBjh3Tpc
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Holy Crap! I am down in the dumps because I miss the games we list in our Game Day Threads.

Especially things like the crazy batting orders that Shelty makes. And then there is giving a guy rest in the middle of a hot streak. Playing a utility guy at 1B who is too darn short. Miss managing his bullpen by not letting the starters go an extra inning when they are on in a game.

I also miss the funny gifs that Bobster posts and game day reports from the stadium by Surg. Finally, there are the in-game and post-game reports where Robby asks soft questions to a player.

I will miss the announcers like Brown and Walk who do no more in the booth than joke around and make themselves more entertainers than game callers and analysts.

What am I going to do until February? I don't give a rat's arse about the Stillers who are in similar circumstances as our Bucs. Maybe the Pens will make the winter more entertaining until the 1st round of the playoffs.
2drfischer@gmail.c

It’s always sad, and somehow dark, when the baseball season ends.