Official Game Day Thread - 4/7 - Bucs vs O's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Re: Official Game Day Thread - 4/7 - Bucs vs O's

Post by Possum »

Doc, I'm listening to the post-game show and will fill you in.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:58 pm Doc, I'm listening to the post-game show and will fill you in.
Thanks, Possum. Game Day just updated what happened. I’m guessing Henderson fielded the ball, got the out at second, then threw the ball into the dugout?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Raise The Jolly Roger!

Have the Bucs beaten any good teams yet?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Another case of someone who should have just ate the ball git the one out and keep it tied. We exchanged runs on bad defense so I'm slapping the first person using lucky
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Okay I'm not really slapping anyone, just putting them on notice
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 pm Can someone tell me what happened? Game Day froze after the Tellez roller to first and says the play was overturned and that the Orioles are still leading 2-1. But you guys are saying otherwise. Help me!
Hayes was forced at home by Tellez weak grounder. Ump incredibly called him safe but reversed on challenge. Oliverez grounder up the middle. SS Henderson made sliding stop at the 2B bag. Tagged the bagged and threw wild to 1B hoping for a game ending DP. 2 runs scored on the error.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:59 pm
Possum wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:58 pm Doc, I'm listening to the post-game show and will fill you in.
Thanks, Possum. Game Day just updated what happened. I’m guessing Henderson fielded the ball, got the out at second, then threw the ball into the dugout?
Henderson was still on the ground almost sitting on 2B when he made the throw to the OF side of 1B.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:06 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 pm Can someone tell me what happened? Game Day froze after the Tellez roller to first and says the play was overturned and that the Orioles are still leading 2-1. But you guys are saying otherwise. Help me!
Hayes was forced at home by Tellez weak grounder. Ump incredibly called him safe but reversed on challenge. Oliverez grounder up the middle. SS Henderson made sliding stop at the 2B bag. Tagged the bagged and threw wild to 1B hoping for a game ending DP. 2 runs scored on the error.
Thanks, Bobster. Game Day still hasn’t put up a replay of the play yet. Trying to be patient.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

If only they could replace Block with Bobster!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:04 pm Another case of someone who should have just ate the ball git the one out and keep it tied. We exchanged runs on bad defense so I'm slapping the first person using lucky
If you’re referring to the misplay by Cruz, I’m going to disagree. Henderson was trying hard to make a play, ill advised as it may have been. Cruz was being lazy.

I don’t want you to think I’m not a fan of Cruz. I think he has the chance to be extra special, and I want him to be that kind of player sooner rather than later. But he can’t just rest on his potential. He has to prove he has it everyday. He has to want to be the best.