7/9 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings v Lester

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

476C6D706B736A467167676B040 wrote: Outman with a 4.23 ERA in the small independent league he was in, but had been on a nice streak of late.  Still not surprising he is stRugglng out of the gate.

Finishes with 7 runs in three innings.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

11223E3F3C34023F2438232435393E500 wrote: Outman with a 4.23 ERA in the small independent league he was in, but had been on a nice streak of late.  Still not surprising he is stRugglng out of the gate.

Finishes with 7 runs in three innings.

Are you saying "OutMan" isn't his superhero name? Drats.
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

I was shocked to see the score 12-6 when I woke up this morning. Time difference here is 12 hours. It is now Sunday morning.

Did I read that right a grand slam by Bell in only his second major league at bat?

Let's hope the bullpen does not turn this into a slugfest.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

774549495D6F4C45484D4245240 wrote: I can't believe Kuhl was pulled in the third inning?

McCutchen ties game with a HR.

Well, he was getting rocked. 

I put the over/under on this game at four hours. 

Kuhl was not sharp but a lot of those hits were really of the cheap variety. Plus he had Bryant struck out , which should have ended the first.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I can't believe Rizzo almost hit that HR. Announcers been talking about it for innings so he can hit the cycle.

Pirates up 12-6 and Cubs still getting all the praise.

And Yes, Bell crushed that GS. He might stay with a few injuries to Harrison and Joyce.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Kang's glove hasn't been the same either. I know some tough plays tonight, but he usually makes them. One more out.
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

I just saw the video of Bell's home run. That is pure power. What we have been missing.

Now we go for the sweep.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

For a second straight night, 22 was 22 again...

Jaso should probably start packing his bags...Bell has no business going back to Indy.

Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, couldn't have scripted a better end to the first half after that terrible June.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I saw a tweet that Adam Warren has given up two pinch hit grand slams this year. Both were also the player's first home run. The two players are Bell and Alex Dickerson. I thought that was interesting.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5264657279786270537E6262110 wrote: For a second straight night, 22 was 22 again...

Jaso should probably start packing his bags...Bell has no business going back to Indy.

Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, couldn't have scripted a better end to the first half after that terrible June. I agree I don't know how you send Bell back after what he has done the last two games. If anything he is a huge threat off the bench even if he doesnt start. I don't know if Jaso is gonna be traded or what not but his job security definitely is not safe over there at 1st base for the time being.

Overall, this has been an amazing run to end this first half that you absolutely hate to see the break come at a time like this. I'm just hoping we finish this sweep off today and pull within 5.5 of the Cubs. This is a huge game to win today for the Pirates. Everybody needs to be and better be available today. Big difference between being 5.5 games back in the division as opposed to 7.5 games out.