Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

7/10 Game Thread - Niese v Lackey

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Niese is just terrible
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Niese as always gives it right back and serves up a homer. You can't run Niese out there every 5th day when you have much much better options. Everytime the Pirates have given him the lead today he has given it right back. You can't continue to keep doing that it's not good enough.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Get Niese out of here. And I don't mean the game, I mean out of a Pirate uni. This is unexceptable.

Problem is i can't imagine anyone taking Niese off our hands unless we pick up pretty much 100% of a salary.

Another ball gets away from Cutch >:(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Horrible pitching + horrible defense = big problem. Apparently Cutch didn't read the instructions that came with his glove.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If Niese was auditioning to solidify for a spot in the rotation today for the 2nd half he failed and failed miserably. Hopefully this is the last time we see him. This was a big game today and we needed him to pitch good and he came nowhere close to doing so. Glasnow definitely belongs in the rotation over Niese it's not even worth debating.
rucker59@gmail.com

Just ridiculous. This has to be Niese's last pitch as a Pirate.

Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

676C64686D6C773234437A626B6C6C2D606C030 wrote: Nice start for Niese. 4 hits and 2 runs in an unfinished first.  I've seen enough of him. 

Nope. Two of those hits should have been errors. No earned runs. The error star is going away for some reason.

Dog - i will fight the fight with you on the Locke and Pedro ordeals, but can't do it on Niese. He has shown me nothing to keep him in the roster. Just my $.02
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Marte and Mercer need to do a better job of calling that fly ball. No excuse to collide like that with 2 outs on a routine pop-up with as big of a game as this is.
rucker59@gmail.com

042924353223347477460 wrote: Horrible pitching + horrible defense = big problem. Apparently Cutch didn't read the instructions that came with his glove.

I hate to over react, but this is a huge game - the difference between 5 1/2 and 7 1/2 is huge.

But you're right - atrocious atrocious pitching and little league defense. It looks like the Pirates are satisfied with taking 2 of 3.

Just awful.

As Mercer and Marte almost blow a popup.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5E594F47495E19156C4B414D4540024F43412C0 wrote: Get Niese out of here.  And I don't mean the game, I mean out of a Pirate uni.  This is unexceptable. 

Problem is i can't imagine anyone taking Niese off our hands unless we pick up pretty much 100% of a salary.

I dunno. Niese gets 9 mil this year and the season is more than half over. So he's owed less than 4.5 mil the rest of the way. To most teams, that's pocket change. Also, Niese is just 29 and has been a serviceable LHP until this year. There is no risk on his contract because there is a $500,000 buyout for both of the 2 remaining years. And if the team wanted to keep him, the 10 and 11 mil due the next 2 seasons is less than what a lot of pitchers make these days.