Red Sox acquire Pomeranz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NCBuccofan

Red Sox acquire Pomeranz

Post by NCBuccofan »

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: I could see some team taking a flyer but not for any return.  He's had decent years in the past.  Just not decent enough that I'm interested in putting the effort into it.  Even if he makes a full comeback, it's a comeback to mediocre pitcher.

Teams would be interested on that for next year...not so much this year.
SammyKhalifa

Red Sox acquire Pomeranz

Post by SammyKhalifa »

oh for sure
Tintin

Red Sox acquire Pomeranz

Post by Tintin »

717C7D4A5C5C50595E513F0 wrote: If Espinoza is the price of a controllable arm then the Pirates have no business getting in that market.  Espinoza is a top 20 prospect in all of baseball and possibly an ace in the making. 

What a great series of transactions for the Padres who picked up Pomeranz in the off-season for Yonder Alonso and a bullpen arm.  If we would have traded Walker for Pomeranz in the off-season I'm thinking most in baseball would have thought we got ripped off and now he nets a top prospect.  Just shows how quickly things can change. 

I still wish we would have flipped Walker for a couple of prospects.  This morning on the radio I heard NH basically admit that that was the better move in hindsight.

Most thought we got ripped off with Niese, so who cares?

NH admitted not long after adding Niese that he was not the pitcher they wanted and hoped he would surprise him.

Espinosa is 18 in A ball, pitching in the bullpen.  He is a great young arm, but very far away.  Plus the Pirates do not have to trade for a young controllable arm.  They need rotation help badly.  Trade for the next Burnett or Happ.

We have the next Happ. A struggling pitcher that needs a good coach to straighten him out. He pitched for us tonight.
dcm8299

Red Sox acquire Pomeranz

Post by dcm8299 »

Personally, I'd like for them to contact the Rays and see what it would take to get a Chris Archer or a Matt Moore. Let Searage get his hands on them since they're both struggling a little bit. Plus they both have term left on their contracts. Maybe Keller could be a headlining piece. Add Harold Ramirez, a professional hitters who is blocked. Use Locke as a fill in for their rotation now.