7/20 Game Thread Locke versus Brewers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Jared dies a great job limiting damage. I've no problem with the walk to Carter. Keeps the Pirates in the game.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

The walk aside, Hughes might be the only pitcher in the world that's more effective with bases loaded and no outs, vs bases empty and no outs.
rucker59@gmail.com

7F49485F54554F5D7E534F4F3C0 wrote: The walk aside, Hughes might be the only pitcher in the world that's more effective with bases loaded and no outs, vs bases empty and no outs.

I'm glad he didn't give Carter anything to hit. I had a real bad feeling the game was about to blow up.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This has nothing to do with the pitching staff but I'll still continue to say that Josh Bell should be on this roster right now. The Pirates need to make some kind of move to get him up here at some point soon. If that means trading Jaso then so be it.
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

I was hoping that he would be out by the 2nd inning. From the first 2 innings you knew he was going to give up the lead the next inning. Hurdle should know this by now. AND I am not even at the ball park.

rucker59@gmail.com

4F68797D78655A6E797878651C0 wrote: This has nothing to do with the pitching staff but I'll still continue to say that Josh Bell should be on this roster right now. The Pirates need to make some kind of move to get him up here at some point soon. If that means trading Jaso then so be it.

Yeah. I agree. It's time.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Mets already lost today, and both the Dodgers and the Marlins are both currently losing. You need to take advantage of this tonight with 3 teams in front of you losing. As you mentioned VA it's frustrating for the Pirates to just sit back and not take these games seriously enough when Locke was beyond terrible tonight and should have been yanked a lot sooner then he was.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates down 2, man on 1st, and I've got literally zero confidence with Cutch at the plate.
rucker59@gmail.com

Thankfully Marte stays close to 1st to avoid DP on Cutch's line out to SS.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

3433252D2334737F06212B272F2A6825292B460 wrote: Thankfully Marte stays close to 1st to avoid DP on Cutch's line out to SS. 

Steals 2B and scores off of Freese's double.

Steal could become play of the game...