8/28 Game Thread - Nova v the House of Horrors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

694E5F5B5E437C485F5E5E433A0 wrote: Bucs have now won 8 in a row on the road and are 33-22 since June 24th which is the best record in baseball in the last two months.

Except the Cubs are 34-22 since June 24th
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Tribune & others reporting that Nova left the game due to "hamstring discomfort."

If that becomes a problem or leads to the DL it would be NOT GOOD.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Hey guys, I am sooooo excited about this series in Milwaukee. Did not want to jinx the Buccos today so I kept quiet about the good luck charm that was at the game today. It was non other than the "Little Possum" and "Grand Kid Possum IJ" and Grand Kid Possum OF". That's my daughter and her two kids and my son-in-law who was along for the ride.

Still the series was as exciting as any that I have experience in my 60 years of being a Pirate fan. Great pitching for the most part, the bats came alive when needed and Clint did not make any crazy ???? managerial gaffs.

Only thing that would have been better is if the opponent would have been the Cubbies and Little Possum and her brood could have gone to all the games since they live in Chicagoland.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7F5D4E535055525D7E495F5F533C0 wrote: Tribune & others reporting that Nova left the game due to "hamstring discomfort."

If that becomes a problem or leads to the DL it would be NOT GOOD.

Weird. You saw Hurdle in the dugout and hug him and say "That's it". It looked like he was done anyway.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cards lose today. The Bucs are now a 1/2 game out of that 2nd wildcard spot. And they are also now 2 games up on the Mets and 1 game up on the Marlins. Great weekend in the standings for the Pirates.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Really (and pleasantly) surprised that the Cards and Marlins both just lost back-to-back home games to the A's and Padres. That's baseball, I guess.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This appears to be the second year in a row that Huntington has acquired a pitcher at the deadline who has been so so, and when he comes to Pittsburgh he excels. Count me in as not being excited when we got Nova, now I wonder if we can possibly sign him long term.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nova has walked 1 batter in 31.1 innings.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Do you try to sign Nova now?

I wonder what his market would be? It is his first time as a free agent. I think he is 29 years old.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Give it a try. Don't overpay. Not more than 2 years so he does not block one of the kids. Sort of an AJ Burnett deal.