Something to Think About This Offseason

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

0A1A1B2C3A3A36590 wrote: Is it possible that Marte plays LF at PNC Park and CF on the road?  I think that would be ideal. Like Hurdle said, Marte is the best to play LF at PNC Park because of its shape.

I expect Kuhl to be in the rotation. I can't see how he doesn't get a chance.

Kuhn should get a serious look as the number five in the rotation.  Cole, Taillon, Nova (if resigned), free agent pickup/trade and then Kuhl.  I left off Glasnow for a reason as well as Brault.  They aren't ready.

Pencil Hutchison in to start the season -- if only to save face. He'll get a spot because we gave up so much to put him there. We'll see if he can deliver. Early returns create doubts, but NH (and surely some of our scouts and advisors) see him as a starter for the next 3 years, which is why the trade was made. Mark it down, he'll be in the rotation.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7E5F4A437B42594A5F4E2B0 wrote: Is it possible that Marte plays LF at PNC Park and CF on the road?  I think that would be ideal. Like Hurdle said, Marte is the best to play LF at PNC Park because of its shape.

I expect Kuhl to be in the rotation. I can't see how he doesn't get a chance.

Kuhn should get a serious look as the number five in the rotation.  Cole, Taillon, Nova (if resigned), free agent pickup/trade and then Kuhl.  I left off Glasnow for a reason as well as Brault.  They aren't ready.

Pencil Hutchison in to start the season -- if only to save face. He'll get a spot because we gave up so much to put him there. We'll see if he can deliver. Early returns create doubts, but NH (and surely some of our scouts and advisors) see him as a starter for the next 3 years, which is why the trade was made. Mark it down, he'll be in the rotation.

I'm pretty sure he will be in rotation too. After all look at Jeff Locke.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think Hutchison will be too.

Cole, Taillon, Kuhl, Hutchison, Free Agent/Trade.

That is my prediction of who will be in the rotation to start the season.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2328202C2928337670073E262F2828692428470 wrote: I think Hutchison will be too.

Cole, Taillon, Kuhl, Hutchison, Free Agent/Trade.

That is my prediction of who will be in the rotation to start the season.

I hope the team is able to add a lefty starter. Remember PNC was built to provide an advantage to left handed pitchers and hitters. The Pirates need to take advantage.