Serpico to the Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Serpico to the Braves

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This thread is funny. Why didn't they sign Rodriguez? They can certainly afford $11 million. Then the next question is Why did they sign Freese? Freese contract is very similar overall.

Personally, I'd rather have Freese. Rodriguez was so bad in 2015 but very good in 2016. He is one of the best defensive players I have ever seen. With that said, Freese has a better track record and can play the major defensive position that is needed in 1B.

Frazier and Hanson will be used to replace Rodriguez. I assume Kang can play some SS in 2017 as he did in 2015. Hanson should be able to fill in too. Of course, this could change if Hanson is dealt as he is out of options.

Will Rodriguez start in Atlanta? That could have helped his decision too. The Pirates don't have a starting opportunity for him.
BucsFaninGA

Serpico to the Braves

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Happy Trails to Sean Rod! The guy played with a lot of passion and enthusiasm. I for one always appreciated his all in mentality!

Beat'em Bucs :D
SammyKhalifa

Serpico to the Braves

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4275637346616E696E4741000 wrote: Happy Trails to Sean Rod! The guy played with a lot of passion and enthusiasm. I for one always appreciated his all in mentality!

Beat'em Bucs :D

Indeed. Before this season, though, many hated him. Yeah he didn't perform but he was a "Hurdle Favorite" and shown as proof that he doesn't know what he's doing. And of course who can forget about how signing Rodriguez for another go-round showed just how cheap Nutting was. He's a useless player after all.

Wait, what, he signed for another team now? Oh, well it's the opposite of all of that I just said.
rucker59@gmail.com

Serpico to the Braves

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

242F272B2E2F347177003921282F2F6E232F400 wrote:

Frazier and Hanson will be used to replace Rodriguez. I assume Kang can play some SS in 2017 as he did in 2015. Hanson should be able to fill in too. Of course, this could change if Hanson is dealt as he is out of options.

Yeah, Hanson could be the reason. If so, good call. And if the $$$ is reinvested, OK. Makes sense.

Here's hoping.
rucker59@gmail.com

Serpico to the Braves

15322327223F00342322223F460 wrote: Pirate fest is a week from next Friday and Saturday. Are the Pirates even going to attempt to sign a free agent pitcher before then or make a big trade before then?? How about doing something to create a little buzz here because right now this team has absolutely nothing to go off of from last season. Maybe they can make another statement about how "we will see if the Cubs are as good as advertised on paper" Like I said this team won't get one cent of my money until they start showing signs about being serious about winning a championship and right now I see next to none.

Freddy, I don't blame you for your stance. I've had to think real hard about my season ticket plan. So without in any way telling you that your position is wrong, here's how I finally came to a decision: I love baseball. I particularly love the Pirates. The owner has raised enough concern within me to steal away much of my passion. I'm not going to let steal away my summer of baseball too. The only loser would be me and my son.

So I renewed. But I get your point.

BTW - Piratefest is free this year.
DemDog

Serpico to the Braves

Post by DemDog »

3A3D2B232D3A7D71082F25292124662B2725480 wrote: Pirate fest is a week from next Friday and Saturday. Are the Pirates even going to attempt to sign a free agent pitcher before then or make a big trade before then?? How about doing something to create a little buzz here because right now this team has absolutely nothing to go off of from last season. Maybe they can make another statement about how "we will see if the Cubs are as good as advertised on paper" Like I said this team won't get one cent of my money until they start showing signs about being serious about winning a championship and right now I see next to none.

Freddy, I don't blame you for your stance.  I've had to think real hard about my season ticket plan.  So without in any way telling you that your position is wrong, here's how I finally came to a decision: I love baseball.  I particularly love the Pirates.  The owner has raised enough concern within me to steal away much of my passion.  I'm not going to let steal away my summer of baseball too.  The only loser would be me and my son. 

Dave you are indeed a Bucco fan. Like me. I have been through more years worse than 2016 and I did not lose hope and it was because I love baseball too much. It was my dad who like you got me interested and helped me fall in love with the game and the Pirates. I passed that love on to my daughter like you are to your son. You see even if you don't see a WS championship soon perhaps he will get to see one and he can only blame you! ;D
rucker59@gmail.com

Serpico to the Braves

58797158737B1C0 wrote: Pirate fest is a week from next Friday and Saturday. Are the Pirates even going to attempt to sign a free agent pitcher before then or make a big trade before then?? How about doing something to create a little buzz here because right now this team has absolutely nothing to go off of from last season. Maybe they can make another statement about how "we will see if the Cubs are as good as advertised on paper" Like I said this team won't get one cent of my money until they start showing signs about being serious about winning a championship and right now I see next to none.

Freddy, I don't blame you for your stance.  I've had to think real hard about my season ticket plan.  So without in any way telling you that your position is wrong, here's how I finally came to a decision: I love baseball.  I particularly love the Pirates.  The owner has raised enough concern within me to steal away much of my passion.  I'm not going to let steal away my summer of baseball too.  The only loser would be me and my son. 

Dave you are indeed a Bucco fan.  Like me.  I have been through more years worse than 2016 and I did not lose hope and it was because I love baseball too much.  It was my dad who like you got me interested and helped me fall in love with the game and the Pirates.  I passed that love on to my daughter like you are to your son.  You see even if you don't see a WS championship soon perhaps he will get to see one and he can only blame you!   ;D

Possum, J is 17 now. What are the odds the Pirates win a WS over the next 50 years.....
DemDog

Serpico to the Braves

Post by DemDog »

303721292730777B02252F232B2E6C212D2F420 wrote: Pirate fest is a week from next Friday and Saturday. Are the Pirates even going to attempt to sign a free agent pitcher before then or make a big trade before then?? How about doing something to create a little buzz here because right now this team has absolutely nothing to go off of from last season. Maybe they can make another statement about how "we will see if the Cubs are as good as advertised on paper" Like I said this team won't get one cent of my money until they start showing signs about being serious about winning a championship and right now I see next to none.

Dave you are indeed a Bucco fan.  Like me.  I have been through more years worse than 2016 and I did not lose hope and it was because I love baseball too much.  It was my dad who like you got me interested and helped me fall in love with the game and the Pirates.  I passed that love on to my daughter like you are to your son.  You see even if you don't see a WS championship soon perhaps he will get to see one and he can only blame you!   ;D

Possum, J is 17 now.  What are the odds the Pirates win a WS over the next 50 years.....

Don't fool with odds but my guess is a few of them. You can say that I am optimistic about my beloved Buccos.
BucsFaninGA

Serpico to the Braves

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Possum and Dave, I feel the same way. My Grandpa introduced me to the Pirates in 1960. I was all of 3 years old!

Followed them since then and have a son also following the Bucs with me. My son, 13 yrs old, and I hope to see the Bucs in a World Series one day soon...

Beat'em Bucs 8-)
rucker59@gmail.com

Serpico to the Braves

447365754067686F684147060 wrote: Possum and Dave, I feel the same way. My Grandpa introduced me to the Pirates in 1960. I was all of 3 years old!

Followed them since then and have a son also following the Bucs with me. My son, 13 yrs old, and I hope to see the Bucs in a World Series one day soon...

Beat'em Bucs  8-)

I'm hoping we can make the trip to Altanta this year to see the new stadium. Maybe we can catch up for a game?!