Cutch Trade Idea

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by mouse »

The reports are that Cutch sees no need to move from center, but the support for the statements all seem dated, so no way on knowing if he is resisting that now, or if the reports are based on random comments from sometime last year.
PMike

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by PMike »

I, too, am fine trading him. Though, I'd personally be sad and would be even more sad explaining the situation to my 8 year old.

That said, they have a singular need that trading he or Marte would have to address. A young starting pitcher. There are no other ways around it. If they don't get a young starting pitcher to plug in pretty much right away, it's going to be tough to feel good about the trade. They are a half a season away from having a surplus of OFers. If the other pitchers pitch as hoped (Cole, Taillon, Kuhl, Glasnow), one good young starting pitcher could put them on par with any one in the NL not from the north side of Chicago.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

677A5E5C52370 wrote: I, too, am fine trading him.  Though, I'd personally be sad and would be even more sad explaining the situation to my 8 year old.

That said, they have a singular need that trading he or Marte would have to address.  A young starting pitcher.  There are no other ways around it.  If they don't get a young starting pitcher to plug in pretty much right away, it's going to be tough to feel good about the trade.  They are a half a season away from having a surplus of OFers.  If the other pitchers pitch as hoped (Cole, Taillon, Kuhl, Glasnow), one good young starting pitcher could put them on par with any one in the NL not from the north side of Chicago.

I totally agree with this.

Better get a good return that is major league ready or will be very hard to explain to the fans. The window shouldn't be closed or closing.

PR will take a hit not matter what. Is he going to Pirates Fest? That's a big blow too as the face of the team and of the NL if he doesn't show up.
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Right now, to me it sounds a lot like they want to trade him just to trade him.
Ecbucs

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by Ecbucs »

5358505C5958430600774E565F5858195458370 wrote: I, too, am fine trading him.  Though, I'd personally be sad and would be even more sad explaining the situation to my 8 year old.

That said, they have a singular need that trading he or Marte would have to address.  A young starting pitcher.  There are no other ways around it.  If they don't get a young starting pitcher to plug in pretty much right away, it's going to be tough to feel good about the trade.  They are a half a season away from having a surplus of OFers.  If the other pitchers pitch as hoped (Cole, Taillon, Kuhl, Glasnow), one good young starting pitcher could put them on par with any one in the NL not from the north side of Chicago.

I totally agree with this.

Better get a good return that is major league ready or will be very hard to explain to the fans.  The window shouldn't be closed or closing.

PR will take a hit not matter what.  Is he going to Pirates Fest?  That's a big blow too as the face of the team and of the NL if he doesn't show up.

remember that there is no window. The Pirates plan on competing year in and year out. We'll find out if that is true when team is set for 2017.
BucsFaninGA

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Recall when the Pirate Parrot was involved in some hijinks with Jose Deleon. I think he tried to run Jose down while he was long tossing or stretching...Our beloved Parrot was incarcerated in a life-size cage on the top of the home dugout. 8-) It cracked me up. But probably scared the dickens out of Jose :D
IABucFan

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by IABucFan »

190420222C490 wrote: I, too, am fine trading him.  Though, I'd personally be sad and would be even more sad explaining the situation to my 8 year old.

I'd temper that expectation. Look at the salaries being given out to mediocre pitchers. We can lament the Bucs not ponying up for Bartolo Colon, but really? What did he get, $12 million, for a guy old enough to be a lot of his teammates' father? Really? Pitching salaries are through the roof. The most valuable commodity in baseball these days are quality, young, pitchers, precisely because they are cost-controlled. My guess is that it takes a heck of a lot more than McCutchen to get a guy like Giolito. I'm thinking something like Polanco AND Keller might get that conversation off the ground. Just my thought on it though.
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0B0300372104232C420 wrote: I, too, am fine trading him.  Though, I'd personally be sad and would be even more sad explaining the situation to my 8 year old.

I'd temper that expectation.  Look at the salaries being given out to mediocre pitchers.  We can lament the Bucs not ponying up for Bartolo Colon, but really?  What did he get, $12 million, for a guy old enough to be a lot of his teammates' father?  Really?  Pitching salaries are through the roof.  The most valuable commodity in baseball these days are quality, young, pitchers, precisely because they are cost-controlled.  My guess is that it takes a heck of a lot more than McCutchen to get a guy like Giolito.  I'm thinking something like Polanco AND Keller might get that conversation off the ground.  Just my thought on it though.

I liked it (Colon) because it was one year.
JollyRoger

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by JollyRoger »

Latest rumor has the Bucs going for Robles of the Nationals. Unless Giolito is included I would definitely pass. Although Robles is the Nats 2nd rated prospect, he is only 18. He is fast but with little power. Not nearly enough for Cutch.
PMike

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by PMike »

7A5F5C5C49625F575542300 wrote: Latest rumor has the Bucs going for Robles of the Nationals. Unless Giolito is included I would definitely pass. Although Robles is the Nats 2nd rated prospect, he is only 18. He is fast but with little power. Not nearly enough for Cutch.

Agreed. That is not enough and it's the wrong thing. They need a pitcher now. Not a stud CF in that will be ready in 3 years.