If Bucs trade Cutch, who plays RF in 2017

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5C6B7D6D587F707770595F1E0 wrote: Would love to see them sign former Pirate, Giant, BlueJay, Tiger, Indian-Rajai Davis to hold down RF til Meadows is ready for the Big Leagues... He still has game! :D

I would have never ever guessed he'd have the long career he's had.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

64565A5A4E7C5F565B5E5156370 wrote: Would love to see them sign former Pirate, Giant, BlueJay, Tiger, Indian-Rajai Davis to hold down RF til Meadows is ready for the Big Leagues... He still has game! :D

I would have never ever guessed he'd have the long career he's had.

Right. He was (and still will be) known as the player who replaced Bonds the night he broke the HR record to me.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

And the player Dave Littlefield traded to acquire former Redbird nemesis, Matt Morris. :D 
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

53727A537870170 wrote: Why not just put NJBucFan's pet duck named "McCuthen" out there!   8-)

I don't think there's anything in the rules about flying or catching the ball with your bill, I like it! ;D
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

It won't be Carlos Beltran. He signed for 16 million to DH for Astros.
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

If Bell goes to the outfield then firstbase goes to Jaso and Freese. Wonder want it would take to get Cody Bellinger from the Dodgers? Can play first and the outfield. Young but a lefty who it looks like is going to be a homerun guy!
PMike

Post by PMike »

664F53464B444E1B131E122A0 wrote: If Bell goes to the outfield then firstbase goes to Jaso and Freese. Wonder want it would take to get Cody Bellinger from the Dodgers? Can play first and the outfield. Young but a lefty who it looks like is going to be a homerun guy!

Bell will only be in the OF for 80 games. Then Meadows will be there and Bell will be back at 1B. Bell is a better hitter than Bellinger. There's no reason to trade for Bellinger.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7E6347454B2E0 wrote: If Bell goes to the outfield then firstbase goes to Jaso and Freese. Wonder want it would take to get Cody Bellinger from the Dodgers? Can play first and the outfield. Young but a lefty who it looks like is going to be a homerun guy!

Bell will only be in the OF for 80 games.  Then Meadows will be there and Bell will be back at 1B.  Bell is a better hitter than Bellinger.  There's no reason to trade for Bellinger.

The question is Bell's defense at first, he is no Pedro there but is he adequate? Some have said he isn't but I don't think he was a disaster there last year and can still improve.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Bell is going to be bad at any position on defense, so he better hit.  I thought he made Alvarez look very good at 1B last year which is very scary.

Meadows will be a tricky player.  If McCutchen is traded, they may rush Meadows a little bit.  If McCutchen is still on the team, I would expect Meadows up until the rosters expand.

I would love Bellinger. Landing him would be huge.