4/13 Game Thread - Back to Boston

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

434B485F4949452A0 wrote: A very good game by Kuhl.  I would have liked to let him finish the inning but I can't complain about Hurdle's decision.  I was worried about Kuhl a bit after the last game but his control was much better.  Hopefully, Glasnow will make a big leap in his next start, too. 

No walks is always a huge help.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

434B485F4949452A0 wrote: A very good game by Kuhl.  I would have liked to let him finish the inning but I can't complain about Hurdle's decision.  I was worried about Kuhl a bit after the last game but his control was much better.  Hopefully, Glasnow will make a big leap in his next start, too. 

I feel real confident in Kuhl starting a game. Even in Boston, today, I felt good about him. The first start I think he was really amped up. Even still he held the game together. He looks to have an emotional make up in the line of AJ, a very confident and calm but an intense "give me the ball" attitude.

I like Tallion and Kuhl a great deal.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

517E69687E6270781B0 wrote: A very good game by Kuhl.  I would have liked to let him finish the inning but I can't complain about Hurdle's decision.  I was worried about Kuhl a bit after the last game but his control was much better.  Hopefully, Glasnow will make a big leap in his next start, too. 

No walks is always a huge help.

too bad Hudson didn't notice that.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

That is part of the reason I wanted Kuhl to finish the 7th, so we could go Rivero and Watson to finish. Argh.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Why didn't they stay with Hudson? Nicasio come sin and walks the guy on four pitches.

Need some hits now.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

well, that one got away in a hurry >:(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Kuhl did not appear to need help in the 7th. that wasted Rivero who could have pitched the 8th instead of Hudson and Nicasio. And of course with the game on the line in the 8th, Watson, arguably their best reliever, cannot be used to try to keep the lead from evaporating because, as Hurdle explained, he needs saves to increase his worth to some other team in his free agency year next year. And in today's bizzaro world of MLB, this is considered normal managing.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

as a technicality doesn't the scorekeeper need to change the ruling of triple to a double?

I don't see how it can be scored a triple if all three runners didn't score.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: Kuhl did not appear to need help in the 7th. that wasted Rivero who could have pitched the 8th instead of Hudson and Nicasio. And of course with the game on the line in the 8th, Watson, arguably their best reliever, cannot be used to try to keep the lead from evaporating because, as Hurdle explained, he needs saves to increase his worth to some other team in his free agency year next year. And in today's bizzaro world of MLB, this is considered normal managing. 

do the Bucs have any relievers that aren't available today? (hoping Bastardo is not)
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Boy o boy, where to begin?

Bullpen opens door, Hudson and Nicasio combine to give up 3 runs and the lead. But there were other things:

Clint brings in Nicasio knowing he'll face Ramirez who had a .500 BA against, now a .533 BAA after a 2RBI double.

Infield error on assist from Marte turns out to be huge.

Marte fails to get to a sky high ball to the warning track.

That's enough to lose the game. Very very disappointing.