Here we go

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Here we go

Post by Bobster21 »

5D5A4B584B1A172E0 wrote: Like I said many times in different threads. Rivero is the guy with closer stuff . Use him in that role and find a way to get to the 9th with a lead. Hurdle is not going to "outcoach" what probably 30 teams do.. have your best RP close your games. Nothing destroys a BP more than losing leads in the 9th inning.
I don't think Hurdle is ever going to outcoach anyone.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Rivero came in to face the lefties. Nicasio was set up to face the righties.

I assume Hurdle wanted Rivero to go two innings. That Russell at bat was like 11 pitches and chased him.

The Cubs just batted around. Nicasio blew his first Save opportunity. It's amazing these former set up men can't pitch a nineth inning.

It was a good game and comeback too. Oh well.
SteadyFreddy

Here we go

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This is one of those season killing losses and much like the losses to Orioles early last week Hurdle has a lot to go with it by not using Rivero in the 9th like he should. You cannot give games away like this if you're the Pirates playing the Cubs.
Ecbucs

Here we go

Post by Ecbucs »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: Well, Watson sure put the fire out.

Watson can't be trusted to pitch in any games that are close. He has totally lost it. It is going to be tough to go on a 6-4 or 7-3 steak after tonight and with this pitching staff. Starters can't go deep and bullpen is not dependable.
SteadyFreddy

Here we go

Post by SteadyFreddy »

69626A666362793C3A4D746C656262236E620D0 wrote: Rivero came in to face the lefties. Nicasio was set up to face the righties.

I assume Hurdle wanted Rivero to go two innings. That Russell at bat was like 11 pitches and chased him.

The Cubs just batted around. Nicasio blew his first Save opportunity. It's amazing these former set up men can't pitch a nineth inning.

It was a good game and comeback too. Oh well. A game a team in the Pirates position can't afford to lose. Realistically though what can this team do when they are 6 games under .500?? In the long run you aren't going to win anything with a record like that.
Bobster21

Here we go

Post by Bobster21 »

I was glad to see Davis throw ball 4 to Osuna. Until Osuna lunged for it and tapped it in front of the plate for an out.
SteadyFreddy

Here we go

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Rivero needs to be the closer ALL of the time no exceptions or excuses about it.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

Polanco is due. Been hitting the ball hard all night.
Bobster21

Here we go

Post by Bobster21 »

And the hole gets deeper.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

I like use of the bullpen in theory.

Rivero faced the tougher hitters in the 8th. Nicasio was sent up to face the bottom of the order in the 9th.

There is no knowing if Nicasio would have exploded in the 8th. If that happened people would have asked why Rivero wasn't used. This game is on Nicasio.