6/27/17-Not excited abt playing the Rays

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

76594E4F5945575F3C0 wrote: Darn shame that Williams pitches great and offense comes up with a big, fat zero. Would it have hurt Hurdle to add one more bat in the lineup and start Diaz over Stewart? Might not have made any difference but why not at least put the best lineup on the field especially after everyone had a day off? This is what I find maddening about Hurdle.

Listen Bobster.

Stewart is 0 - 16 lifetime vs Cobb and has struck out 10 times during those at-bats. This, of course, includes this very game!

I have to give Hurdle credit. He is following the Joe Torre and Joe Girardi method. Get Stew to feel good about himself and get a big hit vs Cobb. Maybe not this time, but the next time, in Spring Training, it is going to happen. Stew will be standing on 1B with a big grin on his face thinking about his 1 start per week.

http://m.mlb.com/player/455755/chris-st ... itting-mlb

0 for 19 now, stays steady with 10Ks

:(

Actually this is Stewart's 3rd start in the last 4 games. I guess I'm looking at it all wrong. Maybe the potential smile on Stewart's face is worth losing games for. :)
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

I've got my Altoona Curve Rally Cap on
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: Darn shame that Williams pitches great and offense comes up with a big, fat zero. Would it have hurt Hurdle to add one more bat in the lineup and start Diaz over Stewart? Might not have made any difference but why not at least put the best lineup on the field especially after everyone had a day off? This is what I find maddening about Hurdle.

Listen Bobster.

Stewart is 0 - 16 lifetime vs Cobb and has struck out 10 times during those at-bats. This, of course, includes this very game!

I have to give Hurdle credit. He is following the Joe Torre and Joe Girardi method. Get Stew to feel good about himself and get a big hit vs Cobb. Maybe not this time, but the next time, in Spring Training, it is going to happen. Stew will be standing on 1B with a big grin on his face thinking about his 1 start per week.

Actually this is Stewart's 3rd start in the last 4 games. I guess I'm looking at it all wrong. Maybe the potential smile on Stewart's face is worth losing games for. :)

Stew should be exhausted and should beg to replace Cervelli on the dugout stretcher for the remainder of the week.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Here we go Cutch!

Josh with a huge double!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

123D2A2B3D21333B580 wrote: Darn shame that Williams pitches great and offense comes up with a big, fat zero. Would it have hurt Hurdle to add one more bat in the lineup and start Diaz over Stewart? Might not have made any difference but why not at least put the best lineup on the field especially after everyone had a day off? This is what I find maddening about Hurdle.

Listen Bobster.

Stew should be exhausted and should beg to replace Cervelli on the dugout stretcher for the remainder of the week.
Nutting refuses to buy a second stretcher unless he can unload a contract to gain financial flexibility.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Cutch is clutch!!!
rucker59@gmail.com

Way Cutch!!

David Freese with a walk off chance!
rucker59@gmail.com