Is Jordy injured?/Game thread 7/6

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

4361726F6C696E61427563636F000 wrote: He better be, because if he's not this makes ZERO sense.

Why on earth is Hurdle RESTING Mercer today, and starting Moroff at SS?

1. Mercer just RESTED on Saturday.

2. Mercer is about to REST for 4 straight days.

3. Moroff is not very good.

Like I said, unless Mercer is injured, this decision is absolutely ridiculous.

Because Jordy needs Moroff days
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0F2A29293C172A222037450 wrote: He better be, because if he's not this makes ZERO sense.

Why on earth is Hurdle RESTING Mercer today, and starting Moroff at SS?

1. Mercer just RESTED on Saturday.

2. Mercer is about to REST for 4 straight days.

3. Moroff is not very good.

Like I said, unless Mercer is injured, this decision is absolutely ridiculous.

Because Jordy needs Moroff days

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Because he is going to pull that outside pitch softly compared to an inside pitch. It's harder to pull an outside pitch.

Back to the game, Kuhl is in trouble. Two lefties warming up in the pen.

Two lefties warming up in the pen? Now that's trouble!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I've not been able to watch much of the game, but it looks like some good baseball played by the Pirates. The two throws by Osuna were beautiful. In the top of the 8th, some really good ABs result in at least 2 runs to retake the lead.

Good job by Kuhl as he goes 7.

Just really nice to see a really well played game.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I tell you what; Diaz must have the most tenacious swing in the Majors. Boy does he swing hard
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6F687E76786F28245D7A707C7471337E72701D0 wrote: I've not been able to watch much of the game, but it looks like some good baseball played by the Pirates.   The two throws by Osuna were beautiful.  In the top of the 8th, some really good ABs result in at least 2 runs to retake the lead. 

Osuna did it again and has 3 assists.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

012427273219242C2E394B0 wrote: I tell you what; Diaz must have the most tenacious swing in the Majors. Boy does he swing hard
Clutch double by Diaz. That'll give him something to think about while he rests tomorrow.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I get Diaz and Osuna mixed up a lot. They have the same build and have a similar number. That was a great at bat by Diaz. They kept pitching him outside. Then the mistake inside gets pulled down the line. That at bat kind of answers the strategy question. Diaz couldn't pull the outside pitches as he was trying. But he got that inside pitch and pulled it hard down the line.

Good game by Polanco too. He is fun to watch when he is swinging well.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

664B46575041561615240 wrote: I've not been able to watch much of the game, but it looks like some good baseball played by the Pirates.   The two throws by Osuna were beautiful.  In the top of the 8th, some really good ABs result in at least 2 runs to retake the lead. 

Osuna did it again and has 3 assists.

Wow! I don't know that i've ever seen an OFer with three assists in a game.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

12 times there were 4 outfield assists in a game. These were done by 11 different players. Osuna came one short of tying the record.

Kuhl pitched well, but was saved by a top the 8th rally. Watson with a clean inning. Nicasio closed it out. McCutchen with a good game. Polanco with a good game. Diaz with a great at bat. Bell's mental error was erased by his bat as he knocked in some runs.

Raise it.