August 1 game vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Speedloader88

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Speedloader88 »

I am surprised at the lack of criticism of Marte. He has already cost us a couple of games directly and is a black hole in the lineup. I also think his non-chalant attitude has already filtered down through the rest of the roster. He made a nice catch last night but that is about his only contribution to this point. He is nearly an automatic out to the shortstop.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1303023523232F400 wrote: Everyone is talking about Nova coming back to earth.  Has anyone looked at Taillon's ERA recently?  It's a lot higher than Nova's.  7 earned tonight pushes it to 4.63 or higher.

His last two outings is the reason why his ERA is so high. It isn't like teams are chipping away at him, they are putting up huge innings. His ERA should be much lower considering a few errors could have been given to players in his outing vs the Giants (I did not see this game).

Last two outings:

6.2 IP, 20 H, 17 ER
rucker59@gmail.com

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

092A3F3F3E36353B3E3F2862625A0 wrote: I am surprised at the lack of criticism of Marte.  He has already cost us a couple of games directly and is a black hole in the lineup.  I also think his non-chalant attitude has already filtered down through the rest of the roster.  He made a nice catch last night but that is about his only contribution to this point.  He is nearly an automatic out to the shortstop.

DING DING DING.  Marte is surely the most-talented-overrated-player ever.  What he could be....

Instead he plays part time, his overall production is well below what a player with his talent should be and like you I'm convinced his lackadaisical attitude filters down.  Polanco is certainly not the same hungry player he was when he arrived in Pittsburgh.

What message is sent to the team when he's plays part time and with no consequences?  The "heart" that defined the team of 2012-1015 is gone, replaced by indifference (Marte being chief) and attitude (Jaso of all people bringing allowed).

This has been allowed to fester and seemingly take root.  Neal and Clint are solely responsible for not demanding the very best from this team, heck they don't even demand mere competency. 
dogknot17@yahoo.co

August 1 game vs Reds

What would you do with Marte?

Bench him, yell at him in public, pull him off the field???
rucker59@gmail.com

August 1 game vs Reds

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: What would you do with Marte? 

Yes.
rucker59@gmail.com

August 1 game vs Reds

Then I would shop him for a king's ransom.
notes34

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by notes34 »

767D75797C7D662325526B737A7D7D3C717D120 wrote: What would you do with Marte? 

Absolutely right in front of the team and cameras.
Speedloader88

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Speedloader88 »

I would re-sign #22 and then I would hope that lazy Marte does enough to show promise and tempt other teams to trade for him in the off-season. I would not trade him for nothing, but I would trade him for slightly less than market value on talent that could be great but may bust. The point is, I would eradicate what I believe is a metaphoric cancer. It is not lost on me that the squad has tanked since his return. Metaphoric cancer has that impact on those around them.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

August 1 game vs Reds

5E7D68686961626C69687F35350D0 wrote: I would re-sign #22 and then I would hope that lazy Marte does enough to show promise and tempt other teams to trade for him in the off-season.  I would not trade him for nothing, but I would trade him for slightly less than market value on talent that could be great but may bust.  The point is, I would eradicate what I believe is a metaphoric cancer.  It is not lost on me that the squad has tanked since his return.  Metaphoric cancer has that impact on those around them.

The Pirates are 12-14 with Marte in the line up. They are 6-7 since his return.

They are a better team with him in the line up than with him out of the line up. I don't think he is a lazy player. Overall, I don't think he is a very smart baseball player like a lot of the Dominican kids.
SammyKhalifa

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by SammyKhalifa »

55766363626A69676263743E3E060 wrote: I would re-sign #22 and then I would hope that lazy Marte does enough to show promise and tempt other teams to trade for him in the off-season.  I would not trade him for nothing, but I would trade him for slightly less than market value on talent that could be great but may bust.  The point is, I would eradicate what I believe is a metaphoric cancer.  It is not lost on me that the squad has tanked since his return.  Metaphoric cancer has that impact on those around them.

People insisted that he would hit the ground running on return and that everything would be better as soon as July Whatevereth rolled around.