Cole/Harrison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Cole/Harrison

Post by notes34 »

0919182F3939355A0 wrote: I think Harrison would be extremely valuable to the Yankees. With the 2 young guys in the infield Harrison could spell them at any time and/or start until they are acclimated. He can also move to the OF. The best thing he is very good on defense no matter where you put him.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you on this.  I don't.  Again, curious as to what is his value.  I think if you are trading both, you send them in separate deals.

Yep. As I said earlier I would do the Cole for Frazier, Andujar and Adams trade right now. I have no idea what would be offered for JHay alone.
dmetz

Cole/Harrison

Post by dmetz »

Would anyone do JHay for Adams, straight up?

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole/Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

464F475658220 wrote: Would anyone do JHay for Adams, straight up? 

I find it funny that back in May, Chance Adams moved into MLB.com's Top 100 when Tyler Glasnow officially exhausted his rookie eligibility after a start against the Brewers.

Good question.  I am not sure.  Harrison for a relief pitcher Adams, I say No.  For starting pitcher Adams, Maybe!
Ecbucs

Cole/Harrison

Post by Ecbucs »

69626A666362793C3A4D746C656262236E620D0 wrote: Would anyone do JHay for Adams, straight up? 

I find it funny that back in May, Chance Adams moved into MLB.com's Top 100 when Tyler Glasnow officially exhausted his rookie eligibility after a start against the Brewers.

Good question.  I am not sure.  Harrison for a relief pitcher Adams, I say No.  For starting pitcher Adams, Maybe!

remember in the olden days when Johnny Ray was traded for a relief pitcher? (Miguel Garcia).

didn't remember until I looked him up but Ray had more walks than strikeouts for his career.
Bobster21

Cole/Harrison

Post by Bobster21 »

193F3E293F2F5C0 wrote: Would anyone do JHay for Adams, straight up? 

remember in the olden days when Johnny Ray was traded for a relief pitcher? (Miguel Garcia).

didn't remember until I looked him up but Ray had more walks than strikeouts for his career.

Smoky Burgess played 18 years and only had 1 season when his walks didn't outnumber his Ks. Career totals were 477 walks and 270 Ks.
notes34

Cole/Harrison

Post by notes34 »

6F646C6065647F3A3C4B726A6364642568640B0 wrote: Would anyone do JHay for Adams, straight up? 

I would think very hard about this. I don't believe Adams is being viewed as a RP anymore.
JollyRoger

Cole/Harrison

Post by JollyRoger »

44455E4F59191E2A0 wrote: I think Harrison would be extremely valuable to the Yankees. With the 2 young guys in the infield Harrison could spell them at any time and/or start until they are acclimated. He can also move to the OF. The best thing he is very good on defense no matter where you put him.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you on this.  I don't.  Again, curious as to what is his value.  I think if you are trading both, you send them in separate deals.

Yep. As I said earlier I would do the Cole for Frazier, Andujar and Adams trade right now. I have no idea what would be offered for JHay alone.
I was hoping for a Cole for Frazier, Adams, and Andujar. The Yanks might be hesitant to do that. I would hate to see JHay go. He is the heart and soul of the team. The clubhouse would suffer in my opinion. Instead I would try to make this a mega deal. Would the Yanks consider Cole, Rivero, and Freese for Frazier, Adams, Andujar, and Torres?
Ecbucs

Cole/Harrison

Post by Ecbucs »

53767575604B767E7C6B190 wrote: I think Harrison would be extremely valuable to the Yankees. With the 2 young guys in the infield Harrison could spell them at any time and/or start until they are acclimated. He can also move to the OF. The best thing he is very good on defense no matter where you put him.

I was hoping for a Cole for Frazier, Adams, and Andujar. The Yanks might be hesitant to do that. I would hate to see JHay go. He is the heart and soul of the team. The clubhouse would suffer in my opinion. Instead I would try to make this a mega deal. Would the Yanks consider Cole, Rivero, and Freese for Frazier, Adams, Andujar, and Torres?

while the Yankees have said Torres is untouchable I think they would take this deal unless they think Torres is going to be a hall of fame type player.
DemDog

Cole/Harrison

Post by DemDog »

1A3F3C3C29023F373522500 wrote: I think Harrison would be extremely valuable to the Yankees. With the 2 young guys in the infield Harrison could spell them at any time and/or start until they are acclimated. He can also move to the OF. The best thing he is very good on defense no matter where you put him.

Why would the Yankees want Rivero? They have Chapman. Why would they want David Freese? Truly a part-time guy who has a glove but not enought power or stamina to play 162 games.

I've been on OBN since almost the beginning and I am afraid that you like me often over estimate the worth of the guys we think the Bucs should trade. I sure hope that NH is looking elsewhere for deals for Cole, Harrison, Cutch and perhaps Rivero. Make the Yankees squirm if that is possible.

I can't fault you for being a dreamer. Who knows that dream might come true!
JollyRoger

Cole/Harrison

Post by JollyRoger »

7C5D557C575F380 wrote: I think Harrison would be extremely valuable to the Yankees. With the 2 young guys in the infield Harrison could spell them at any time and/or start until they are acclimated. He can also move to the OF. The best thing he is very good on defense no matter where you put him.

Why would the Yankees want Rivero?  They have Chapman.  Why would they want David Freese?  Truly a part-time guy who has a glove but not enought power or stamina to play 162 games. 

I've been on OBN since almost the beginning and I am afraid that you like me often over estimate the worth of the guys we think the Bucs should trade.  I sure hope that NH is looking elsewhere for deals for Cole, Harrison, Cutch and perhaps Rivero.  Make the Yankees squirm if that is possible.

I can't fault you for being a dreamer.  Who knows that dream might come true!

My thinking is Freese could bridge the gap until Machado is available. Rivero and Chapman gives the Yanks the most dominating bullpen in baseball. Also provides insurance either way in case of injury. Bucs keep JHay and his versatility. My dream aspect is that the Bucs sign Cutch for 4-5 years. They are getting 50 million extra this year. That 50M plus the savings from Cole and Freese would allow the Bucs to offer Cutch 4-5 years at 20M a year.

In summary the Bucs retool with Frazier, Adams, Andujar, Torres and would still be able to compete with most of the roster intact.