Cole Intro

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Cole Intro

Post by Ecbucs »

5F584E46485F18146D4A404C4441034E42402D0 wrote: Most of you fans here have been through worse times .I have with the Bucs. And here you still are . Don`t give me this crap about not watching games etc. You will watch games or at least keep up with the Pirates in some way.

Heck from the day Cutch and Cole were drafted I knew if they ever panned out and became good they were gone.I don't get attached to the players . I root for them while their here then let them go when they go.The last player I was attached to was Bonds. I enjoy the turnover with new guys.Some day it will all come together at once and we will have a real run not the crap we had a few years back .Hell we never even won the division.

I hear you, but there is something particularly poisonous in the current chemistry,  that leaves a particularly bad taste, that may well cause fans to give the owner and his minions a colective finger and walk away.

It’s the blaming of fans, the outright lies.  All of this began AFTER the 2015 season, after 98 wins, after the fans smashed attendance records and TV share was going through the roof, when Pittsburgh was on its way to being a “Pirates town”.  That winter, the fans Were excited - there was an absolute sense that the Pirates could win the WS.  Then suddenly a new direction was charted: “we will add on when the time is right” suddenly became “we can’t add on because we don’t have enough fan support.”   Even though we had years of superior support compared to Kansas City, I listened to Neal Put Pirate fans down, claiming the Royals has much greater fan support. The Pirates smoked KC in attendance, had for years.

It was a lie To justify pulling back on the team that had a chance to win the World Series. Nothing has been the same since except for the lying which continues today. I think this lying, this blaming of the fans, Has done more damage than 20 losing seasons.

There’s something particularly painful about being so close and yet the team ownership quitting on the team and the fans. Yesterday my son said this: “This hurts much worse then never winning”.  Yesterday my wife said she doesn’t want to go to anymore games.

Thank you Bob Nutting.

this is how I feel. NH spouts stuff and many fans still give him the benefit of the doubt. He deserves none. All good will has been used.
Ecbucs

Cole Intro

Post by Ecbucs »

44767A7A6E5C7F767B7E7176170 wrote: one of the first things they tell you about doing interviews is that you should not bad-mouth your former employers.  it doesn't have anything to do with "knowing who your masters are" or even  if you're right nor not, or anything like that--it has to do with not sounding like a whiny little jerk.

You should be above that.  That Gerit can't control himself a little better is telling--and might be coming from the same place that causes him to occasionally blow up on the mound and not totally live up to his potential.  Maybe he can control himself a little better this upcoming season.

If he hadn't used the word refreshingly every he said would have pertained to Astros.

I don't know if he used that word deliberately or if he just uses it often but only those looking for a slam are going to find one.
SammyKhalifa

Cole Intro

Post by SammyKhalifa »

yeah fair enough
dmetz

Cole Intro

Post by dmetz »

1C2E22223604272E2326292E4F0 wrote: one of the first things they tell you about doing interviews is that you should not bad-mouth your former employers.  it doesn't have anything to do with "knowing who your masters are" or even  if you're right nor not, or anything like that--it has to do with not sounding like a whiny little jerk.

You should be above that.  That Gerit can't control himself a little better is telling--and might be coming from the same place that causes him to occasionally blow up on the mound and not totally live up to his potential.  Maybe he can control himself a little better this upcoming season.

He's a hothead.  No doubt about that. 

He's interviewing for a job like John Doe in accounting? is he even interviewing? 

He's under contract and protected by the MLBPA.  Already works for the Astros.  He's saying his previous employer cut corners with resources and he's happy to be with an org willing to provide more resources to achieve the goal of a world series, which they just won.

Shame on him.  Know your master, peon!