Brandon Nimmo for Josh Harrison?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7969685F4949452A0 wrote: would the yankees do a Clint Frazier for harrison?   that would work for me. 

I wouldn't be stunned if NH even attempted a call to Cashman that Brian doesn't answer the call.  Wouldn't be stunned if he is tired of NH's BS.
or vice versa?
mouse

Post by mouse »

The problem for us is that we never know what was really asked for or offered. We only get vague bits of speculation that we interpret as it strikes us. Add in that the value of prospects is subjective, and it's hard to tell who is being reasonable and who is not.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Nimmo looks injury plagued, to me. I'd pass. A catching prospect or a power corner IF prospect would be better
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Frazier's defense at second is a problem. Better in outfield or third base. Nimmo could be an above average corner outfielder or at worst a fourth outfielder who can play some CF in a pinch. Buds could use some power or a catcher, but Nimmo could be okay.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Frazier's bat plays better at 2B. He also played more SS in the minors than any other position. His defense isn't very good at 2B, but he might be the best bat and only lead off hitter if Harrison is dealt.

If no other outfielder is brought in, it will be interesting. Osuna, Luplow, Bostick, and Frazier could all battle for a spot. Then what do you do at 2B? If Frazier is in the outfield, Moroff at 2B?

In my opinion, I'd put Frazier at 2B and let Luplow and Osuna battle for the outfield. Osuna is bad on defense too, but his bat might be better.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: Frazier's bat plays better at 2B. He also played more SS in the minors than any other position. His defense isn't very good at 2B, but he might be the best bat and only lead off hitter if Harrison is dealt.

If no other outfielder is brought in, it will be interesting. Osuna, Luplow, Bostick, and Frazier could all battle for a spot. Then what do you do at 2B?  If Frazier is in the outfield, Moroff at 2B? 

In my opinion, I'd put Frazier at 2B and let Luplow and Osuna battle for the outfield. Osuna is bad on defense too, but his bat might be better.

I will poke my eye out if I see Luplow, Moroff, Bostick as a starter or as someone who gets a lot of playing time.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What do you think will happen?

This is why I want Harrison moved for an outfielder. Until a move is made, I think Luplow is the front runner to start in LF.

Moroff is probably not that much of a long shot to make the team. A trade will bring more to light. He could be the last bench spot.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I see no reason why Harrison will be traded. He'll play 2B and bat behind Frazier, who will play LF.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that Brewers are close to a trade with unknown team. Harrison could fill their need for a second baseman. The Brewers have an excess group of outfielders. The Bucs and Brewers could be a match.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I'd put Moroff at 2b and Frazier in the OF.  Both of those players could end up usable pieces in 2019 if we actually try to win for once, perhaps in UT roles if nothing else.   

Frazier's defensive ineptitude will kill any bat value he brings at 2b playing there everday.   Moroff has a chance of having some value at 2b because he can field the position.

If he (moroff) proves he can't hit ML pitching, which seems likely to be the case, cross him off the list.