4/25 doubleheader, Game 1 thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Now THAT WP is on Cervelli.   That was right in front of him and he didn't even get down on it.  Another pirate WP leads to a run
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea losing the first game of this DH is frustrating. The Tigers are a team the Pirates have to at least win 2 of 3 from. The way the Pirates are playing now there is a good chance this team will be below .500 by the end the Cards series this weekend.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Wonder if Osuna can pitch? Don't really need great range on the mound.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

222B23323C460 wrote: Best part about this game is Moran hit a homer.   He MUST find a way to hit for power, there are no excuses or ways around it.   It needs to happen now. 

Dickerson is a real good ball player

Cervelli is on pace to match about 70% of his career hr this year.   That's curious...

I had polancos annual injury woes pegged for memorial day and Cervelli before April is out.  They may have beat my expectations.  Kudos to them.

Moran will be better than what we have had at 3B in a while. I'm not worried about him. Cervelli has already been nailed in the Biogenesis thing. It's funny that I'm thinking the same thing you are with this all the sudden power.

I have seen people on twitter say the Pirates are !-XXX without Harrison. Harrison's absence isn't the reason this team sucks.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Wow, this bullpen is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get!
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

012427273219242C2E394B0 wrote: Wow, this bullpen is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get!

Romero is the typical bottom of the barrel guy Neal loves to acquire off the bone pile. His resume sucked before. As long as he dials it up, he fits the mold NH loves.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

6E7E7F485E5E523D0 wrote: Best part about this game is Moran hit a homer.   He MUST find a way to hit for power, there are no excuses or ways around it.   It needs to happen now. 

Cervelli is on pace to match about 70% of his career hr this year.   That's curious...

I had polancos annual injury woes pegged for memorial day and Cervelli before April is out.  They may have beat my expectations.  Kudos to them.

Moran will be better than what we have had at 3B in a while.  I'm not worried about him.  Cervelli has already been nailed in the Biogenesis thing.  It's funny that I'm thinking the same thing you are with this all the sudden power.

I have seen people on twitter say the Pirates are !-XXX without Harrison.  Harrison's absence isn't the reason this team sucks.

RE Moran: imo if he doesn't hit for power, he will be essentially replacement level or worse.  His lack of defensive range is mind-numbing...  No power = bust.

And I certainly hope that if Moran busts we can FINALLY get rid of this clown GM we've got.  Surely, that would happen?

Edit:. And he just drove one to the wall in left... Yes that's what we need. Drive the ball like you're a 6'4" athlete. Please and thank you
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

252C24353B410 wrote: Best part about this game is Moran hit a homer.   He MUST find a way to hit for power, there are no excuses or ways around it.   It needs to happen now. 

Moran will be better than what we have had at 3B in a while.  I'm not worried about him.  Cervelli has already been nailed in the Biogenesis thing.  It's funny that I'm thinking the same thing you are with this all the sudden power.

I have seen people on twitter say the Pirates are !-XXX without Harrison.  Harrison's absence isn't the reason this team sucks.

RE Moran: imo if he doesn't hit for power, he will be essentially replacement level or worse.  His lack of defensive range is mind-numbing...  No power = bust.

And I certainly hope that if Moran busts we can FINALLY get rid of this clown GM we've got.  Surely, that would happen?

Edit:. And he just drove one to the wall in left... Yes that's what we need.  Drive the ball like you're a 6'4" athlete.  Please and thank you

After Pedro's back to back 30-homer seasons, this is what we have had

.263 10-52 David Freese

.255 21-62 Jung Ho

.287 15-58 Jung Ho

.315 13-52 Harrison

These are the primary players we have had starting at third. Nothing great. I think Moran automatically is an improvement over Freese and can possibly hit Jung Ho's second year with a better average. Just my take. I agree, if the power isn't there, then ...
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Josh bell has to get going.    Polanco and bell have been sleeping for weeks now. Also bell needs a new swing. His GB%is 50%. Too high for a power hitter with no speed. Get the ball in the air or on s line, get it off the ground.

We always hear about swing changes. Well, he is consistently putting the ball on the ground so hopefully they change his
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Great catch by Serpico to save the lead in the nightcap. Too bad that there is only about 250 people in the stands to see it. Attendance has been worse than awful despite the good start