Taillion News... Ugh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by DemDog »

51595A6D7B5E7976180 wrote: Is it just me, or does this kind of stuff always seem to happen to the Pirates? If Taillon “didn’t feel right since Spring Training, why not take care of it then? Why keep trying to pitch through it? Injuries are inevitable. But this is ridiculous...Polanco, Marte, Dickerson, Diaz, Gonzalez, Chisenhall, Newman, Archer, Taillon, Burdi, Kuhl, Santana, Crick, and now Kela. [highlight]It’s amazing the Indianapolis Pirates have even won one game, let alone played .500 ball.[/highlight]

My guess as to how they have done it is that the real reason is that behind the scenes the "Masked Magician" is the real GM in town.

SteadyFreddy

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by SteadyFreddy »

020A093E280D2A254B0 wrote: Is it just me, or does this kind of stuff always seem to happen to the Pirates? If Taillon “didn’t feel right since Spring Training, why not take care of it then? Why keep trying to pitch through it? Injuries are inevitable. But this is ridiculous...Polanco, Marte, Dickerson, Diaz, Gonzalez, Chisenhall, Newman, Archer, Taillon, Burdi, Kuhl, Santana, Crick, and now Kela. It’s amazing the Indianapolis Pirates have even won one game, let alone played .500 ball. Makes you wonder if this team has some kind of conditioning problem or if it’s just a terrible coincidence that everybody and their mother is getting hurt. It’s frustrating as hell.
Ecbucs

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by Ecbucs »

785F4E4A4F526D594E4F4F522B0 wrote: Is it just me, or does this kind of stuff always seem to happen to the Pirates? If Taillon “didn’t feel right since Spring Training, why not take care of it then? Why keep trying to pitch through it? Injuries are inevitable. But this is ridiculous...Polanco, Marte, Dickerson, Diaz, Gonzalez, Chisenhall, Newman, Archer, Taillon, Burdi, Kuhl, Santana, Crick, and now Kela. It’s amazing the Indianapolis Pirates have even won one game, let alone played .500 ball. Makes you wonder if this team has some kind of conditioning problem or if it’s just a terrible coincidence that everybody and their mother is getting hurt. It’s frustrating as hell.

supposedly they have state of the art training and medical care.
IABucFan

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by IABucFan »

6B4C5D595C417E4A5D5C5C41380 wrote: Is it just me, or does this kind of stuff always seem to happen to the Pirates? If Taillon “didn’t feel right since Spring Training, why not take care of it then? Why keep trying to pitch through it? Injuries are inevitable. But this is ridiculous...Polanco, Marte, Dickerson, Diaz, Gonzalez, Chisenhall, Newman, Archer, Taillon, Burdi, Kuhl, Santana, Crick, and now Kela. It’s amazing the Indianapolis Pirates have even won one game, let alone played .500 ball. Makes you wonder if this team has some kind of conditioning problem or if it’s just a terrible coincidence that everybody and their mother is getting hurt. It’s frustrating as hell.

IDK...most of them aren’t conditioning related. Polanco cant slide. Gonzalez and Marte ran into each other. Santana and Kuhl has TJ, which is becoming more a rule for pitchers to go through at some point than an exception. Chisenhall was hit on the hand and broke a finger. Diaz got sick. Taillon, Kela, Burdi, Archer, who knows? But most aren’t conditioning related. Just lousy luck.

Taillon gets hit in the head with a line drive (twice) and stays in the game (twice), but now has arm problems that knock him out for a month.
skinnyhorse

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by skinnyhorse »

7D7576415772555A340 wrote: Is it just me, or does this kind of stuff always seem to happen to the Pirates? If Taillon “didn’t feel right since Spring Training, why not take care of it then? Why keep trying to pitch through it? Injuries are inevitable. But this is ridiculous...Polanco, Marte, Dickerson, Diaz, Gonzalez, Chisenhall, Newman, Archer, Taillon, Burdi, Kuhl, Santana, Crick, and now Kela. It’s amazing the Indianapolis Pirates have even won one game, let alone played .500 ball.
At least one of these (Kuhl) was obvious to anyone with eyes could see and I wrote about it well before he destroyed his arm, he was throwing with such violent force on every pitch, I was hoping someone close to him (like maybe his dad) would advise him against such a drastic change in his pitching style. You would have thought the coaching staff would have advised him against it. He was a much better pitcher when he was throwing 94 to 95 with more control than him throwing 97 with no idea where the ball was going. With a coaching staff that ignores the obvious.
SammyKhalifa

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by SammyKhalifa »

so I come back from a five day weekend without much Internet to find out that, yet again, the sky is falling. But I see that we also won like most of our games during that stretch. I know that as fans we react by the moment but long term I don't think our season's chances are any better or any worse than they were a week ago. Losing Taillon sucks but so did losing all of those other guys we've gotten hurt this year.