Taillion News... Ugh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by steve49 »

Per a team release, the Pirates have placed righty Jameson Taillon on the 10-Day IL with a flexor strain in his right elbow and selected the contract of lefty Tyler Lyons from AAA-Indianapolis, among other roster moves.
Ecbucs

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by Ecbucs »

this season keeps getting better and better.

Hope he is ready to come back after the 10 days. If he is out longer the rotation is shot.

Any idea how Archer is doing?
steve49

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by steve49 »

260001160010630 wrote: this season keeps getting better and better.

Hope he is ready to come back after the 10 days.  If he is out longer the rotation is shot.

Any idea how Archer is doing?

Not that I have any info over than what I posted but I would be shocked if he were to come back in 10 days.
fjk090852-7

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to Adam Berry he is being shut down for 4 weeks. He has not felt right since ST.
Ecbucs

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by Ecbucs »

3834356E676E666B6C73695E0 wrote: According to Adam Berry he is being shut down for 4 weeks. He has not felt right since ST.

not good, not that there was a great chance this year but the season is over.

Maybe they can beat out the Reds.
SteadyFreddy

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Now would be a good time to go make an attempt to sign a guy like Dallas Keuchel but since this Owner and GM will make every excuse in the world not to do so no way it will ever happen. This is a movecin all seriousness that the Pirates need to considerceith Taillon being down for an entire month. There not gonna be able to survive with the guys they have right now they aren’t good enough.
NJBucsFan

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by NJBucsFan »

So what on earth is the rotation now? There seem to be three starters on the active roster. Is Kingham starting? Brault? Liriano? Searage???
fjk090852-7

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by fjk090852-7 »

494D45726474416669070 wrote: So what on earth is the rotation now? There seem to be three starters on the active roster. Is Kingham starting? Brault? Liriano? Searage???
It is going to be very interesting as to how the rotation is now set up due to these injuries to Archer and Taillon.
DemDog

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by DemDog »

6A4D5C585D407F4B5C5D5D40390 wrote: Now would be a good time to go make an attempt to sign a guy like Dallas Keuchel but since this Owner and GM will make every excuse in the world not to do so no way it will ever happen. This is a move in all seriousness that the Pirates need to consider with Taillon being down for an entire month. They're not gonna be able to survive with the guys they have right now they aren’t good enough.

There is a problem with signing Keuchel right now. As much as the money he might want is the loss of a draft pick because he refused the tender offer he was made.
Bobster21

Taillion News... Ugh

Post by Bobster21 »

76575F765D55320 wrote: Now would be a good time to go make an attempt to sign a guy like Dallas Keuchel but since this Owner and GM will make every excuse in the world not to do so no way it will ever happen. This is a move in all seriousness that the Pirates need to consider with Taillon being down for an entire month. They're not gonna be able to survive with the guys they have right now they aren’t good enough.

There is a problem with signing Keuchel right now.  As much as the money he might want is the loss of a draft pick because he refused the tender offer he was made.

I looked that up on the MLB site.

A team that receives revenue sharing will lose its third-highest selection in the following year's Draft.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-qualifying ... c259650658

Doesn't seem like losing a 3rd round pick (or 3rd highest pick overall if they had multiple picks in the 1st and/or 2nd) would be prohibitive. Heck, look at some of their 1st round picks: Sanchez, Newman, McGuire, Connor Joe. Losing a 3rd rounder shouldn't matter. But Nutting has a serious allergy to spending money. And I'm sure his mgt team will explain to him that the Pirates aren't going far with or without Keuchel. I'm sure that's a signing that's not going to happen.