Bucs sign 16 yr old pitcher from San Marino

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Post by Javy »

015741555A40505B564173545E525A5F1D50330 wrote: Getting back to the opening post, is anyone else reminded of the signing of the 16-year old Luis Heredia, and how we were told he was going to be incredible?  Hope this isn't a repeat.
Oh yeah. He was a frontline name in defense of NH for certain fellow on the old PMB. Heredia blowing up contributed to the epic meltdowns we saw from you know who (hint: kovies cart paryner and future hip breaker)

I don't quite remember that but I'm sure you're right.  Alvy never met a Huntington move he didn't like. 
i occaisionally think he and his mentor are on here under different names. I see a certain style from one poster that reminds me very strongly of the mentor.
PMike

Post by PMike »

103D30212637206063520 wrote: Getting back to the opening post, is anyone else reminded of the signing of the 16-year old Luis Heredia, and how we were told he was going to be incredible?  Hope this isn't a repeat.
Yes, I thought of Heredia when i read that.

This article seems to me much more cautiously written than the days of Heredia. At 16, Heredia was already practically the Pirates ace in 3 years. He was a can't miss guy. This reads better and more realistic for now.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

637E5A5856330 wrote: Getting back to the opening post, is anyone else reminded of the signing of the 16-year old Luis Heredia, and how we were told he was going to be incredible?  Hope this isn't a repeat.
Yes, I thought of Heredia when i read that.

This article seems to me much more cautiously written than the days of Heredia.  At 16, Heredia was already practically the Pirates ace in 3 years.  He was a can't miss guy.  This reads better and more realistic for now.

They do not have Rene Gayo bird dogging prospects anymore.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

614A5D522B0 wrote: Getting back to the opening post, is anyone else reminded of the signing of the 16-year old Luis Heredia, and how we were told he was going to be incredible?  Hope this isn't a repeat.
Oh yeah. He was a frontline name in defense of NH for certain fellow on the old PMB. Heredia blowing up contributed to the epic meltdowns we saw from you know who (hint: kovies cart paryner and future hip breaker)

I don't quite remember that but I'm sure you're right.  Alvy never met a Huntington move he didn't like. 
i occaisionally think he and his mentor are on here under different names. I see a certain style from one poster that reminds me very strongly of the mentor.

Really? I haven't noticed that, but I wouldn't be surprised.
shedman

Post by shedman »

I hear the Bucs are interested in a Little League pitcher. At 12 years old, he can throw 50 MPH and will be the Ace of our staff in 10 years.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

You doubters can mock Marino, but you WILL eat your words some day.  Sam Marino is going to be a stud and going to make Italy proud (I’ve been following young Marino for several years - all this time and I thought he was Portuguese but same difference if you know your European history and culture - European Latin Americans have a common ancestry).

Keep your eye on Sam Marino.  He’s a legit prospect.  Just saying...

(Bar keep!  Another round for the house!  [smiley=beer.gif])
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3433252D2334737F06212B272F2A6825292B460 wrote: You doubters can mock Marino, but you WILL eat your words some day.  Sam Marino is going to be a stud and going to make Italy proud (I’ve been following young Marino for several years - all this time and I thought he was Portuguese but same difference if you know your European history and culture - European Latin Americans have a common ancestry).

I believe you're thinking of Sammartino. Bruno was a great wrestler. ;)
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: You doubters can mock Marino, but you WILL eat your words some day.  Sam Marino is going to be a stud and going to make Italy proud (I’ve been following young Marino for several years - all this time and I thought he was Portuguese but same difference if you know your European history and culture - European Latin Americans have a common ancestry).

I believe you're thinking of Sammartino. Bruno was a great wrestler.  ;)

Well, maybe! Sam Martino, Sammartino - both have a great future in MHO!

But that reminds me: bar keep! ANOTHER round for the house! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

2F283E36382F68641D3A303C3431733E32305D0 wrote: You doubters can mock Marino, but you WILL eat your words someday.  Sam Marino is going to be a stud and going to make Italy proud (I’ve been following young Marino for several years - all this time and I thought he was Portuguese but same difference if you know your European history and culture - European Latin Americans have a common ancestry).

(Barkeep!  Another round for the house!  [smiley=beer.gif])

Well, maybe!  Sam Martino, Sammartino - both have a great future in MHO!

But that reminds me: barkeep! ANOTHER round for the house!  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

You guys better be careful what you say about Bruno Sammartino around "wrasslin" fans in the Burgh. Bruno is a much of a hero to "wrasslin" fans as Roberto Clemente is to Pirates fans. :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

012028012A22450 wrote: You doubters can mock Marino, but you WILL eat your words someday.  Sam Marino is going to be a stud and going to make Italy proud (I’ve been following young Marino for several years - all this time and I thought he was Portuguese but same difference if you know your European history and culture - European Latin Americans have a common ancestry).

(Barkeep!  Another round for the house!  [smiley=beer.gif])

Well, maybe!  Sam Martino, Sammartino - both have a great future in MHO!

But that reminds me: barkeep! ANOTHER round for the house!  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

You guys better be careful what you say about Bruno Sammartino around "wrasslin" fans in the Burgh.  Bruno is a much of a hero to "wrasslin" fans as Roberto Clemente is to Pirates fans.   :D
When I was a kid in Charleroi I'd watch Bruno when he wrestled locally on TV. He was always introduced as being from Pittsburgh and had no accent. Then we moved to Baltimore and he'd wrestle locally and was introduced as being from Abruzzi, Italy and spoke with a strong accent. Fortunately, crossing the Mason-Dixon line did not have the same effect on me. :)