Official Game Thread - 8/3 -Bucs @ Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

556B6E66756D6D664663746730020 wrote: Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

The next two months offer a perfect opportunity to play the guys just acquired who are close enough to major league-ready.  Some of them are destined to be part of the team that reaches the postseason sometime in the near future, if that’s the goal.  What possible reason is there to continue to play Polanco, Evans, Newman, etc when the new guys can have opportunities to grow now when the won/lost record is inconsequential?  It makes no sense.

At this point of the season is it worth criticizing the starting lineup?  We are terrible.  We have the third worst team in baseball and it won't get any better.  We have few options in the OF right now.  Oliva isn't a MLB player.  I would sign David Dahl who was just waived and see if he can remain healthy.  He could provide an option.
Third worst team- FOR NOW

Thank you once again, BOB Nutting and Ben Cherington.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Hoy Parks reward for hitting a go ahead bases loaded double was a seat on the bench. Come on Shelton you could have brought Reynolds in to play one of the other OF spots and kept Park in the game
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

To all Polanco haters: he just robbed the Brewers of a 2 out game winning HR in the bottom of the 9th
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

It actually was nice to see Polanco’s excitement and enthusiasm tonight. 2 hits, 2 steals, 2 walks, 2runs, game winning hit and a game saving catch. Happy for him tonight
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

RTJR!!!!

Great game by Polanco what a catch!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates now 3-2 for final 60 games. Will they be better than 19-41? Same? Worse?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1B3E3D3D28033E363423510 wrote: To all Polanco haters: he just robbed the Brewers of a 2 out game winning HR in the bottom of the 9th

I don't hate Polanco, I just hate that he's playing for the Pirates.
Javy

Post by Javy »

3B6D7B6F607A6A616C7B496E64686065276A090 wrote: To all Polanco haters: he just robbed the Brewers of a 2 out game winning HR in the bottom of the 9th

I don't hate Polanco, I just hate that he's playing for the Pirates. 
Well Doc, I can see them picking up his option for next year now.

I mean, how can you let a guy go for nothing that can do everything he does? Do you really want to gamble on his breakout season coming in another teams uniform?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

The next two months offer a perfect opportunity to play the guys just acquired who are close enough to major league-ready.  Some of them are destined to be part of the team that reaches the postseason sometime in the near future, if that’s the goal.  What possible reason is there to continue to play Polanco, Evans, Newman, etc when the new guys can have opportunities to grow now when the won/lost record is inconsequential?  It makes no sense.

He had a good July.  If he finishes well maybe they can flip him for a prospect.

Here are his July numbers.

He improved his batting average from June 30 to July 31 from .195 to .205.

He had 10 hits, which included one double and two HRs.

He drove in eight runs.

I’m hard pressed to refer to those numbers as “good”.  Accepting them as such just lowers standards, which I think his supporters have done.  No one in baseball would find them acceptable, which explains why BC was unable to trade him.

I was looking at his splits at ESPN. His OPS in July was 875. I really hope they don't pick up his option, but I am worried that they will.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow, I just saw the replay of Polanco's catch. Outstanding! Where has that guy been his whole career? That's gotta be the best play of his career.