2. Willy Adames (R) SS

3. Omar Narvaez (L) C

4. Eduardo Escobar (S) 3B

5. Avisail Garcia (R) RF

6. Rowdy Tellez (L) 1B

7. Tyrone Taylor (R) LF

8. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF

9. Adrian Houser (R) P

I'm almost excited about this lineup until I get to the #6 slot and Pooplanco.  No Reynolds but still the big washed-up Dominican with no future with the Bucs.  I am looking forward to seeing how Park does.[reason]Add Date of Game[/reason]
2drfischer@gmail.c

Official Game Thread - 8/3 -Bucs @ Brewers

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

The next two months offer a perfect opportunity to play the guys just acquired who are close enough to major league-ready.  Some of them are destined to be part of the team that reaches the postseason sometime in the near future, if that’s the goal.  What possible reason is there to continue to play Polanco, Evans, Newman, etc when the new guys can have opportunities to grow now when the won/lost record is inconsequential?  It makes no sense.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5204120609130308051220070D01090C4E03600 wrote: Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

The next two months offer a perfect opportunity to play the guys just acquired who are close enough to major league-ready.  Some of them are destined to be part of the team that reaches the postseason sometime in the near future, if that’s the goal.  What possible reason is there to continue to play Polanco, Evans, Newman, etc when the new guys can have opportunities to grow now when the won/lost record is inconsequential?  It makes no sense.

At this point of the season is it worth criticizing the starting lineup? We are terrible. We have the third worst team in baseball and it won't get any better. We have few options in the OF right now. Oliva isn't a MLB player. I would sign David Dahl who was just waived and see if he can remain healthy. He could provide an option.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

613721353A20303B362113343E323A3F7D30530 wrote: Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

I was so hoping the deadline was it for Polanco. Then I was so hoping that they were waiting till they hit the road.

It's readily apparent that if the Pirates are going to pay an ineffective player, just keep playing him. He's in the field, not pitching, so it's not like a Matt Morris kind of thing where you are forced to do something, and eat the contract.

I'm guessing now the reason is they will wait till rosters expand, and let whoever is playing OF in Indy continue to get AB's till then. More than likely though, the couple extra players will probably be pitchers.

I think we'll see less of Polanco come September. Until then, he seems to get to play as much as pretty much any other guy on the team.

Wish I were a fly on the wall on this one. Unless they actually have the thought of exercising their option on him next season, you're exactly correct, I have no idea why he is still getting so much playing time. But as someone else pointed out, who exactly is he preventing from getting playing time?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

He had a good July. If he finishes well maybe they can flip him for a prospect.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7D2B3D29263C2C272A3D0F28222E2623612C4F0 wrote: Hoy playing is great, just what I want to see.  But playing for Reynolds instead of Polanco is inexcusable.  I’m failing to understand.  Can anyone suggest a reason why?

What possible reason? Shelton picks the names out of a hat
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

42636B426961060 wrote: Bucs

1. Hoy Park (L) CF

2. Rodolfo Castro (S) 2B

3. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

4. Ben Gamel (L) LF

5. John Nogowski (R) 1B

6. Gregory Pooplanco (L) RF

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Michael Perez (L) C

9. Max Kranick (R) P

Brewers

1. Kolten Wong (L) 2B

2. Willy Adames (R) SS

3. Omar Narvaez (L) C

4. Eduardo Escobar (S) 3B

5. Avisail Garcia (R) RF

6. Rowdy Tellez (L) 1B

7. Tyrone Taylor (R) LF

8. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF

9. Adrian Houser (R) P

I'm almost excited about this lineup until I get to the #6 slot and Pooplanco.  No Reynolds but still the big washed-up Dominican with no future with the Bucs.  I am looking forward to seeing how Park does.[reason]Add Date of Game[/reason]
I am looking forward to see how long Kranick lasts.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5866636B7860606B4B6E796A3D0F0 wrote:

I'm going to be an optimist and say 5.1
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Means he'll give up 5. In the first. ;)
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7E585F4A434F584E462D0 wrote:

I'm going to be an optimist and say 5.1
With Frazier gone and Reynolds enjoying a day off, Nogowski has the highest batting average of the position players at .267.not too promising