WS - Braves vs Astros

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6B4D4A5F565A4D5B53380 wrote: Free tacos at Taco Bell Thursday, Nov 4th courtesy of Ozzie Albies first inning stolen base.
Free Tacos? I'm sure Shedman will be first in line.
Surgnbuck

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by Surgnbuck »

447A7F77647C7C775772657621130 wrote: Right fibula fracture for Morton, out for the rest of the series.

Holy sh*t.
Darn shame about Morton
He went full on Bob Gibson. Had his leg broken in the second inning, finished it, went out and got the first out in the third before not being able to continue.

Got dam, I love that man now. What a stud.
rucker59@gmail.com

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I remember when Charlie was in Pittsburgh. Everyone thought he was emotionally weak. He talked about quitting the game.

I guess that say a lot about playing in Pittsburgh….

Charlie is a man.
GreenWeenie

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by GreenWeenie »

686F79717F682F235A7D777B7376347975771A0 wrote: I remember when Charlie was in Pittsburgh.  Everyone thought he was emotionally weak.  He talked about quitting the game. 

Charlie is a man. 

I have no recollection of the first part of that. I do remember the second part, though. I'm glad he didn't. Wish we still had him. Whadda gonna do? Guys like him are good for the game.
rucker59@gmail.com

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

645146464D7446464D4A46230 wrote: I remember when Charlie was in Pittsburgh.  Everyone thought he was emotionally weak.  He talked about quitting the game. 

Charlie is a man. 

I have no recollection of the first part of that.  I do remember the second part, though.  I'm glad he didn't.  Wish we still had him.  Whadda gonna do?  Guys like him are good for the game.

Real good.

Yeah, Charlie had this awesome stuff but it wasn’t consistent in Pittsburgh. The word was that he was not mentally tough enough. He was mentally tough enough to win a WS.

One of the good guys in The game.
GreenWeenie

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by GreenWeenie »

Figures. I say that it takes mental strength to be in The Burgh in the first place. At least, with the Pirates, anyway. NWWL.
Surgnbuck

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by Surgnbuck »

Rich Rod has been passed over for a guy that made his Braves debut on Oct 1, and now another guy after Morton's injury.

One of the guys we got for him, Bryse Wilson, pitched for the Braves in the playoffs last season.

I would have to guess Atlanta was thinking the "change of scenery" thing was going to help RR, who we all saw starting to struggle for us.

If Wilson pans out as a starter, pretty good upgrade.
2drfischer@gmail.c

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: Rich Rod has been passed over for a guy that made his Braves debut on Oct 1, and now another guy after Morton's injury.

One of the guys we got for him, Bryse Wilson, pitched for the Braves in the playoffs last season.

I would have to guess Atlanta was thinking the "change of scenery" thing was going to help RR, who we all saw starting to struggle for us.

Agreed. Even if Wilson becomes a pedestrian 4th starter for the next three years, sending RR to Atlanta for him will have been a good trade. Rodriquez is just one more easily-replaceable bullpen piece, even if he was the Pirates closer. A closer, even a good one, on a team not scheduled to be competitive for another year or so isn't a priority. It's better to groom Bednar for the role anyway.
WildwoodDave2

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5E787F6A636F786E660D0 wrote: Rich Rod has been passed over for a guy that made his Braves debut on Oct 1, and now another guy after Morton's injury.

As I said before, a good move by Cherrington
GreenWeenie

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm no fortune teller.  As things stand now, it's a 0 for both clubs. We have the better chance to go up, I would think.