Kang to miss the start of spring training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

28232B272223387D7B0C352D242323622F234C0 wrote: I'm only half joking when I say this...I wonder if Nutting contributed to the Clinton campaign?  Seriously...PA was one of the states that swung the election for Trump.  You'd think he could throw us a bone here or something!   ;D

Did you mean Trump?  Clinton lost, remember...

I couldn't find anything on Nutting and his political party association when others were joking.  Probably smart not to say anything so you don't isolate half the fan base.

It has nothing to do with Trump's ban.  Korea isn't on the list.  I just don't know how his other DUIs were missed or if a third is the "who is this guy" limit?

No, I meant Clinton.  Meaning, perhaps Nutting gave a sizable donation to HRC, and Trump, rather than streamlining this, tells DHS to push it to the back of the line, ignore it, whatever.  Look...I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  Far from it, actually.  My original comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.  I think JHK is being treated like any ordinary person would be.  Which, I suppose, is fair and correct.  But, it just seems to me that celebrities tend to get preferential treatment, so it's odd that it's not happening in this case.

I don't know if the Nuttings are political or not.  I don't care if they are, or who they support/don't support.  It's none of my business and doesn't affect one bit whether or not I root for the Bucs.

Still though, as much as we criticize Nutting for being cheap, rightly or wrongly, by the standards of the average person, he's exceedingly wealthy.  Had he contributed millions to the Trump campaign, I suspect he could put in a phone call and ask for this to be taken care of.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Campaign contributions are public record.

Robert Nutting of Wheeling WV has only given money to the MLB Commissioner's office (for lobbying I guess) and lists his occupation as "Pittsburgh Pirates".
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

0522290A470 wrote: Campaign contributions are public record.

Robert Nutting of Wheeling WV has only given money to the MLB Commissioner's office (for lobbying I guess) and lists his occupation as "Pittsburgh Pirates".

Nutting has only donated $49,500 to the commissioner's office in 13 years? Nutting is cheap! ;D
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

12353E1D500 wrote: Campaign contributions are public record.

Haha, I love that his occupation is Pirate. I imagine him out on the river in a ski-do trying to take over coal barges.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Interesting website.

Ogden Nutting has given to Republicans going back years. Robert Nutting has given to Republicans too, but under Ogden Newspapers.

I know it is joking. I am glad Kang is being treated fairly or like everyone else. I just don't understand why this time around? Scary to think the Obama administration missed something two years ago to let Kang in with two DUIs (unless three DUIs is the no-no?).
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

616A626E6B6A713432457C646D6A6A2B666A050 wrote: Interesting website.

Ogden Nutting has given to Republicans going back years.  Robert Nutting has given to Republicans too, but under Ogden Newspapers.

I know it is joking.  I am glad Kang is being treated fairly or like everyone else.  I just don't understand why this time around?  Scary to think the Obama administration missed something two years ago to let Kang in with two DUIs (unless three DUIs is the no-no?).

To be fair nobody in Korea seemed to know either.