The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: I'm thrilled they swept and I'll gladly eat crow for criticizing the lineup. I will, however, say that this win does not instill confidence that resting starters in a key game is a sound strategy that can be expected to succeed going forward. But as long as they win, it's great. Now lets see if they can get over .500. A 6-3 roadtrip is definitely doable if things continue to go the way they are right now. No reason they can't win 2 out of 3 in all 3 of these series out West.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I love this stretch but have to get 5 or 6 games over .500 before I get to excited. Just to bad we gave all those games away by the bullpen, especially Watson. Cutch has cooled a bit but if he, Polanco, Marte and Bell can all get hot together this would be a formidable lineup. I'll start believeing when we get 6 games over .500.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

10080A0D0D1A0B0C111006630 wrote: I love this stretch but have to get 5 or 6 games over .500 before I get to excited.  Just to bad we gave all those games away by the bullpen, especially Watson.  Cutch has cooled a bit but if he, Polanco, Marte and Bell can all get hot together this would be a formidable lineup.  I'll start believeing when we get 6 games over .500.
Sure I guess Cutch has cooled. He is only hitting .321/.422/.585 for July.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

You named the four that have to pick it up and carry the team: McCutchen, Marte, Polanco, and Bell.

If those four get going, the line will be so solid with the others filling in.