Spring Training Baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4D4A5C545A4D0A067F58525E5653115C50523F0 wrote: Cole gives up 3 HRs in first 3 innings. 

Great.

Another player being optioned to Indy - Ugh!
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

T Williams pitching like he wants the job
UtahPirate

Spring Training Baseball

Post by UtahPirate »

4F7D71716557747D70757A7D1C0 wrote: T Williams pitching like he wants the job

Quotes from Hurdle say that no one has stepped up to be #5. Not sure that can be said about Williams. Solid again today. Glasnow goes to AAA for a little bit more and comes up when either Kuhl or Williams falters.

Fifth starter not going to get much action for awhile and it gives Glasnow some consistent AAA appearances.
fjk090852-7

Spring Training Baseball

Post by fjk090852-7 »

As I can figure the fifth starter will be needed for game six when the Bucs play the Braves. Since Cole pitches on Monday he should return to pitch on Saturday. Since game two vs Boston will be played on Wednesday I am sure they won't bring back Taillon on three days rest on Sunday April 9th.
ArnoldRothstein

Spring Training Baseball

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I haven't been following closely this spring, and am looking at the roster. Is this correct:

1. 2 pitchers have to go, at least one a reliever or two relievers if Glasnow and Williams both make the team; and,

2. 1 position player has to go, plus maybe Stewart will be DL'd?

Thanks!
dmetz

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dmetz »

44776B6A6961576A716D7671606C6B050 wrote: I haven't been following closely this spring, and am looking at the roster. Is this correct:

1. 2 pitchers have to go, at least one a reliever or two relievers if Glasnow and Williams both make the team; and,

Thanks!

I fully support Stewart to the DL as much as possible this year.   Diaz should be backing up, but we all know we're going to need 3 catchers at least, this year.   So can't release Stewart. 

The question isn't if Cervelli will find the DL, the question is how soon. When that happens, I hope Diaz gets the majority of time
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I agree about Diaz too. They probably want him playing more in the minors, but Diaz should be the one getting multiple starts in a row if an injury occurs.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

505951404E340 wrote: I haven't been following closely this spring, and am looking at the roster. Is this correct:

Thanks!

I fully support Stewart to the DL as much as possible this year.   Diaz should be backing up, but we all know we're going to need 3 catchers at least, this year.   So can't release Stewart. 

The question isn't if Cervelli will find the DL, the question is how soon.  When that happens, I hope Diaz gets the majority of time

I'm a proponent of yeah Diaz getting the starting job when/if Cervelli gets hurt, otherwise I'd rather him at AAA and have Stewart sitting there in PNC park.
ArnoldRothstein

Spring Training Baseball

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Schugel optioned, per the PG.
rucker59@gmail.com

Spring Training Baseball

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

This is in the departed thread above but guessing a lot of people will miss this: Pedro was optioned to AAA by O's.

I wouldn't be surprised if he failed to show up.