Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am not sure how that works. Can another team trade for his rights to that team option or do the Pirates have to pick it up first? Either way, the new team only has one year until free agency.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

May depend on when you have to exercise the option. If there is a deadline, we could trade him prior to that date and allow the other team to trigger the option, or just trigger it then trade him. I think the latter is more likely.
fjk090852-7

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw a quote from Ken Rosenthal who said the chances of Cutch being traded before or at the deadline are good. If it does happen it could occur before Marte returns so there would be no need to have Cutch return to right or even left field upon Marte 's return. I hope Cutch continues to play well over these next few weeks. We will miss him when he moves to another team.
skinnyhorse

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by skinnyhorse »

5A56570C050C04090E110B3C0 wrote: Just saw a quote from Ken Rosenthal who said the chances of Cutch being traded before or at the deadline are good.  If it does happen it could occur before Marte returns so there would be no need to have Cutch return to right or even left field upon Marte 's return. I hope Cutch continues to play well over these next few weeks. We will miss him when he moves to another team.

I have no problem moving Cutch, but I do worry about NH evaluating the talent we might get in return. He has been a failure to this point. Nothing for N. Walker, nothing for Lariano, and on and on.
Roberto218

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Roberto218 »

Keep Cutch! Extend Cutch! Don't trade Cutch!
Jerseykc

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Jerseykc »

30282A2D2D3A2B2C313026430 wrote: Just saw a quote from Ken Rosenthal who said the chances of Cutch being traded before or at the deadline are good.  If it does happen it could occur before Marte returns so there would be no need to have Cutch return to right or even left field upon Marte 's return. I hope Cutch continues to play well over these next few weeks. We will miss him when he moves to another team.

I have no problem moving Cutch, but I do worry about NH evaluating the talent we might get in return.  He has been a failure to this point.  Nothing for N. Walker, nothing for Lariano, and on and on.

Lariano (sp on purpose) would have gotten you a couple of broken bats, a pair of wristbands and an arm sleeve. There was nothing else to "get".

And the 2 minor leaguers that went with him? Not a sound about guys who can't get out of AA Eastern League - New Hampshire...
Bobster21

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Bobster21 »

78574041574B5951320 wrote: Just saw a quote from Ken Rosenthal who said the chances of Cutch being traded before or at the deadline are good.  If it does happen it could occur before Marte returns so there would be no need to have Cutch return to right or even left field upon Marte 's return. I hope Cutch continues to play well over these next few weeks. We will miss him when he moves to another team.

I have no problem moving Cutch, but I do worry about NH evaluating the talent we might get in return.  He has been a failure to this point.  Nothing for N. Walker, nothing for Lariano, and on and on.

Lariano (sp on purpose) would have gotten you a couple of broken bats, a pair of wristbands and an arm sleeve. There was nothing else to "get".

And the 2 minor leaguers that went with him? Not a sound about guys who can't get out of AA Eastern League - New Hampshire...

Actually Harold Ramirez, after a slow start is red hot right now. He's hitting .324 in June.
Jerseykc

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Jerseykc »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: Just saw a quote from Ken Rosenthal who said the chances of Cutch being traded before or at the deadline are good.  If it does happen it could occur before Marte returns so there would be no need to have Cutch return to right or even left field upon Marte 's return. I hope Cutch continues to play well over these next few weeks. We will miss him when he moves to another team.

Actually Harold Ramirez, after a slow start is red hot right now. He's hitting .324 in June. 

Not to argue too much (!), Ramirez has a total of 17 HR in 6 minor league seasons.

Moroff has 2x as many over the same time span