2024 Official Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

3pirates3

Re: 2024 Official Spring Training Thread

Post by 3pirates3 »

Last edited by 3pirates3 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5 of the Pirates last 6 ST games will be televised: Tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday-Monday.

Just 8 days away from when they really count!
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am 5 of the Pirates last 6 ST games will be televised: Tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday-Monday.

Just 8 days away from when they really count!

Good to hear all but one remaining ST game will be televised. I think the staff will have some interesting decisions as to the 13 pitchers who break camp next week. Probably a list of eight or nine could fill the 5 remaining spots.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Interesting that the Padres and Dodgers are playing in such a small venue in Korea. I'd have thought something more along the lines of Cleveland or PNC Park in size.

I don't like regular season games being played when there is still a week of spring training games going on. It just doesn't feel right. They play two regular season games, then the Dodgers go back to play a three game exhibition series against the Angels split between LA and Anaheim, while the Padres come back and play two exhibition games at Petco against the Mariners.

I honestly hope the Pirates never have to do such silliness. I don't understand why those games couldn't have been scheduled right before the ASG, where there is a break for them to recuperate from the jet lag. It was the same nonsense when Oakland and whoever they played went to Japan.

FWIW, we almost pulled the trigger on going to PR to see the Bucs play the Marlins, but as you all know that series was canceled because of the Zika virus. Remember that plague :roll: ? But Puerto Rico is not half way around the world. And, we don't need a passport.
Possum

Post by Possum »

I'm in love with Hanna Mears. She reminds me of my granddaughter. We can enjoy some great interviews during game time and side lines.
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Possum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:55 pm I'm in love with Hanna Mears. She reminds me of my granddaughter. We can enjoy some great interviews during game time and side lines.
I forget who she was interviewing, but asked a question, and got the usual canned kind of answer. Her next question was, "tell us specifically what you mean...." I really liked that. She also lets the player do most of the talking.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:14 pm
Possum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:55 pm I'm in love with Hanna Mears. She reminds me of my granddaughter. We can enjoy some great interviews during game time and side lines.
I forget who she was interviewing, but asked a question, and got the usual canned kind of answer. Her next question was, "tell us specifically what you mean...." I really liked that. She also lets the player do most of the talking.
I hope she gets to the nitty-gritty of every issue by asking "What led to you getting that hit?" and "How does it feel?" :D
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

JD Martinez has always been one of my favorite players. He’s a total class act.